- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Explain how Pygal can be used to create interactive visualizations, and show how a bar graph can be visualized using Pygal.
Visualizing data is an important step since it helps understand what is going on in the data without actually looking at the complicated working underneath it and performing complicated computations.
Pygal is an open source Python package that helps in the creation of interactive plots, and SVG (Scalar Vector Graphics) images of graphs. SVG refers to dynamically generating animated graphs with the given data.
These SVG images of graphs can be used and customized depending on our requirements. The SVG images are highly scalable, hence they can be downloaded in high quality format. These downloaded images can also be embedded to various projects, websites and so on.
These interactive and customized graphs can be created with ease in Pygal. Pygal helps create bar chart, histogram, line plot, and much more.
Bar charts help represent data as horizontal or vertical rectangular bars. Pygal can be used to visualize different types of bar charts.
Pygal package can be installed using the below command on Windows −
pip install Pygal
Let us understand how bar charts can be created using Pygal −
import pygal from pygal.style import Style custom_style = Style(colors=('#E80080', '#404040', '#9BC850')) bar_chart = pygal.Bar(height=400,width = 300,style=custom_style) bar_chart.title = "Bar chart" bar_chart.add("label 1", [0.4]) bar_chart.add("label 2", [1.2]) bar_chart.add("label 3", [1.5]) bar_chart.render_in_browser()
The required packages are imported into the environment.
The pygal.bar function is called with a few parameters.
This is assigned to a variable that is used to add characteristics.
The colors for the bar graphs are defined.
The height and width of the graph is also defined.
The title and values for the bar plots are defined.
The ‘render_in_browser’ function is called to plot the generated bar graph in the browser.
- How can Pygal be used to visualize a treemap in Python?
- How can Pygal be used to generate line plots in Python?
- How can Pygal be used to generate box plots in Python?
- How can Pygal be used to generate Funnel plots in Python?
- How can Pygal be used to generate Gauge plots in Python?
- How can Pygal be used to generate dot plots in Python?
- How can a vertical bar graph be visualized using Bokeh and Python?
- How can bar graphs be visualized using Bokeh?
- How can the data be visualized to support interactive decision tree construction?
- How can a Beizer curve be visualized using Bokeh?
- Explain how a violin plot can be visualized using factorplot function in Python?
- How can multiple lines be visualized using Bokeh Python?
- How can axis aligned rectangles be visualized using Python and Bokeh?
- How can matplotlib be used to create histograms using Python?
- Explain how Matplotlib can be used to create a wireframe plot in Python?