Become a skilled C++ programmer by embracing object-oriented programming and exploring language complexities, design patterns, and smart programming techniques with this detailed hands-on guide covering examples compliant with C++20
- Apply object-oriented design concepts in C++ using language features and sound programming techniques
- Unlock sophisticated programming solutions with nuances to become an efficient programmer
- Explore design patterns as proven solutions for writing scalable and maintainable software in C++
While object-oriented software design helps you write more easily maintainable code, companies choose C++ as an OO language for its speed. Object-oriented programming (OOP) in C++ is not automatic – understanding OO concepts and how they map to C++ language features as well as OOP techniques is crucial. You must also know how to distinguish your code by utilizing well-tested, creative solutions, which can be found in popular design patterns. This book will help you to harness OOP in C++ for writing better code.
Starting with the essential C++ features that serve as building blocks for the main chapters, this book explains fundamental object-oriented concepts and shows you how to implement them in C++. With the help of practical code examples and diagrams, you’ll find out how and why things work. The book’s coverage furthers your C++ repertoire by including templates, exceptions, operator overloading, STL, and OO component testing. You’ll also discover popular design patterns with in-depth examples and how to use them as effective programming solutions to recurring OOP problems.
By the end of this book, you’ll be able to employ essential and advanced OOP concepts confidently to create enduring and robust software.
What you will learn
- Quickly learn the building blocks needed to develop a base for essential OOP features in C++
- Implement OO designs using both C++ language features and proven programming techniques
- Understand how well-designed, encapsulated code helps make more easily maintainable software
- Write robust C++ code that can handle programming exceptions
- Design extensible and generic code using templates
- Apply operator overloading, utilize STL, and perform OO component testing
- Examine popular design patterns to provide creative solutions for typical OO problems
Who this book is for
Whether you are a professional programmer or an adept college student looking to use C++ as an OOP language, this book will help you create robust and easily maintainable code. Programmers who want to master the implementation of OO designs through both C++ language features and refined implementation techniques will find the book useful. This OOP book assumes prior programming experience; however, if you have no prior C++ or basic C++ experience, the early chapters will help you learn the core building blocks that set the foundation for the many OOP sections, advanced features, and design patterns.