- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Why do humans have different types of teeth?
Different type of teeth performs different functions in human beings. That is why we have a different type of teeth.
Role of Different Type of Teeth
Incisors: These are 8 in all, middlemost 4 teeth on upper and lower jaws. These are simply the biting teeth for biting the food. Incisors are usually the first teeth to erupt.
Canines: These are 4 in number and are the pointed teeth, also called as the tearing teeth, for tearing the fleshy food apart.
Premolars: These are the 8 teeth between canine and molars. They are called premolars or bicuspids. These, are the grinding teeth, for grinding the food.
Molars: These are 8 in total, again best at grinding food.
Oral hygiene is very important. One must brush twice a day regularly in order to maintain the efficient working of these teeth.
- Why do humans have fear of dark?
- Why do Passports have different colours ?
- Why do identical twins have different fingerprints?
- How are teeth of humans and other mammals categorized?
- What are the different types of brain diseases occur in humans?
- Why do we have a different time zones and why GMT is considered as the standard?
- Why do we have mirrors in Lifts?
- Why are humans jealous of their neighbor's success?
- Why we do not have global variables in C#?
- Why do I get different timestamps in python on different machines?
- Different types of system calls
- Different Types of Process Schedulers
- Different Types of Software Testing
- Different Types of Sampling Techniques
- Why do teenagers feel they have only rights and no responsibilities?