- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Why are flu shots a big deal in the US?
During the flu season from October to May, flu viruses circulate at higher levels in the U.S.A’s population. An annual seasonal flu vaccine is the best way to reduce the risk of getting sick with seasonal flu and making it, in fact, a communicable disease. It was believed if you get those shots, the less are the chances of being infected, so overall the U.S.A’s population will remain healthy.
Viruses In Flu Shots
Actually, the viruses in the flu shot are either killed or inactivated, so one cannot get the flu from a flu shot. But some minor side-effects like soreness, redness, swelling, aches or mild fever may occur.
Why People are Reluctant
More than half of Americans do not get an annual flu shot, and Black Americans are even less likely to do so because of concerns about side-effects. Popular research by U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention states, “41 percent of Black adults in the United States get the seasonal flu shot, compared to 47 percent of white adults”. Only those people get the shots injected when they feel that the side-effects may be mild or less harmful than the flu virus itself.
Even Obama also gets his shots regularly. So, why not you?
- Why is water management important for us?
- Why does big toenail often gets cut in the middle?
- What are the symptoms of bird flu which should not be ignored?
- What are the differences between Indian GAAP and US GAAP?
- Which are the universities in the US that give scholarships in script writing?
- What are some of the honest slogans of big brands?
- Hey Siri! Give us a hint
- The magnitude of big data
- Big Omega (Ω) and Big Thera (θ) Notation
- What are the different status variables in MySQL which provide us the counts of event-related operations?
- How will technology help us in the coming future?
- Big Numbers in Python
- Why the NP-complete problems are significant?
- Why is waste management such a big problem in most cities across India? Why does northern India have a comparatively poorer cleanliness record than southern India?
- How to deal with a cranky baby?