- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Which of the following is not a physical change?
(a) Boiling of water to give water vapour
(b) Melting of ice to give water
(c) Dissolution of salt in water
(d) Combustion of Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG)
Correct Answer: (d) Combustion of Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG)
Explanation: Combustion is always a chemical change because a new compound is formed after burning and it is irreversible.
- Related Articles
- How boiling of water is a physical change?
- Can we reverse the following changes? If yes, suggest the name of the method.(a) Water into water vapour(b) Water vapour into water(c) Ice into water(d) Curd into milk
- In which of these will Brownian motion be higher- Water or Water vapour. Give a reason.
- Salt can be separated from its solution (salt dissolved in water), because(a) mixing of salt in water is a change that can be reversed by heating and melting of salt(b) mixing of salt in water is a change that cannot be reversed(c) mixing of salt in water is a permanent ‘ change(d) mixing of salt in water is a change that can be reversed by evaporation.
- Classify the following as physical or chemical changes :(i) Cooking of food(ii) Boiling of water(iii) Cutting of trees(iv) Dissolving salt in water(v) Digestion of food(vi) Melting of ice
- Which condition out of the following will increase the evaporation of water?(a) Increase in temperature of water.(b) Decrease in temperature of water.(c) Less exposed surface area of water.(d) Adding common salt to water.
- “Catch water where it falls” is the basic idea behind(a) recycling of water(b) making dams to store water(c) rainwater harvesting(d) condensation of water vapour
- Clouds are(a) tiny drops of water floating in air(b) mixture of dust and water vapour(c) particles of water vapour(d) rain drops in air.
- Which of the following is not a natural resource?(a) soil (b) water (c) electricity (d) natural gas
- Paheli asked for a glass of water from Boojho. He gave her a glass of ice cold water. Paheli observed some water droplets on the outer surface of the glass and asked Boojho how these droplets of water were formed. Which of the following should be Boojho’s answer?(a) Evaporation of water from the glass.(b) Water that seeped out from the glass.(c) Evaporation of atmospheric water vapour.(d) Condensation of atmospheric water vapour.
- Which of the following statements is not correct?(a) All metal carbonates react with acid to give a salt, water and carbon dioxide(b) All metal oxides react with water to give salt and acid(c) Some metals react with acids to give salt and hydrogen(d) Some non-metal oxides react with water to form an acid
- Transpiration is a process in which plants(a) receive water from soil(b) absorb water vapour from air(c) prepare food from water(d) release water vapour.
- Classify the following as chemical or physical changes:cutting of trees,melting of butter in a pan,rusting of almirah,boiling of water to form steam,passing of electric current, through water and the water breaking down into hydrogen and oxygen gas,dissolving common salt in water,making a fruit salad with raw fruits andburning of paper and wood.
- What is the composition of liquefied petroleum gas (LPG)?
- Which of the following is wastewater?(a) Water trickling from a damaged tap.(b) Water coming out of a shower.(c) Water flowing in a river.(d) Water coming out of a laundry.