- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Which of the following is wastewater?
(a) Water trickling from a damaged tap.
(b) Water coming out of a shower.
(c) Water flowing in a river.
(d) Water coming out of a laundry.
Correct Answer: (d) Water coming out of a laundry.
Explanation: Water discharged during daily chores-like washing clothes, flushing toilets, washing dishes, bathing etc., becomes dirty. This dirty water is called wastewater.
Water trickling from a damaged tap, water coming out of a shower and water flowing in a river are not dirty and hence it is not wastewater.
- Related Articles
- Which condition out of the following will increase the evaporation of water?(a) Increase in temperature of water.(b) Decrease in temperature of water.(c) Less exposed surface area of water.(d) Adding common salt to water.
- In which of the following case evaporation of water will be the slowest?(a) A tray of water kept in sunlight.(b) A kettle of water kept on a burner.(c) A glass of water kept in a room.(d) A bucket of water kept on rooftop.
- Transpiration is a process in which plants(a) receive water from soil(b) absorb water vapour from air(c) prepare food from water(d) release water vapour.
- Paheli asked for a glass of water from Boojho. He gave her a glass of ice cold water. Paheli observed some water droplets on the outer surface of the glass and asked Boojho how these droplets of water were formed. Which of the following should be Boojho’s answer?(a) Evaporation of water from the glass.(b) Water that seeped out from the glass.(c) Evaporation of atmospheric water vapour.(d) Condensation of atmospheric water vapour.
- A water tank contains 400 litres of water. 120 litres of water is taken out of it. Find the percentage decrease in the amount of water.
- Explain why, water comes out more slowly from an upstairs tap than from a similar tap downstairs.
- Potable water is the water which is(a) obtained from a river (b) obtained from a lake(c) pure and fit for drinking (d) used only for washing clothes
- Which of the following is not a physical change?(a) Boiling of water to give water vapour(b) Melting of ice to give water(c) Dissolution of salt in water(d) Combustion of Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG)
- The main reason for the abundant coliform bacteria in the water of river Ganga is:(a) immersion of ashes of the dead into the river (b) washing of clothes on the banks of river(c) discharge of industrial wastes into river water (d) disposal of unburnt corpses into river water
- The correct way of making a solution of acid in water is to(a) add water to acid(b) add acid to water(c) mix acid and water simultaneously(d) add water to acid in a shallow container
- Which one of the following solutions will not conduct electricity?$(a)$. Lemon juice $(b)$. Vinegar$(c)$. Tap water $(d)$. Vegetable oil
- The river water is said to be polluted with acidic wastes if the pH of river water is:(a) zero (b) above 7 (c) below 7 (d) exactly 7
- Which of the following is not a natural resource?(a) soil (b) water (c) electricity (d) natural gas
- Solids and gases mix/dissolve in water(a) because water is a good solvent(b) because water has intermolecular space(c) diffusion is faster in water(d) all of the above
- At many places the wastewater containing human excreta from homes and carried in big underground pipes is dumped into a river as such which pollutes the river water.(a) What is the common name of such wastewater?(b) Name five types of harmful organisms contained in it.(c) Name any five human diseases caused by drinking river water contaminated with such wastewater.