- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
(a) tiny drops of water floating in air
(b) mixture of dust and water vapour
(c) particles of water vapour
(d) rain drops in air.
Correct answer: (a) tiny drops of water floating in air
Explanation: At sufficient heights, water vapour present in the air condenses to form tiny droplets of water floating in air which appear to us as clouds. Later these tiny water droplets come together to form larger-sized water drops and become so heavy that they begin to fall in the form of rain.
- Related Articles
- Fill in the Blanks:The air is a ______________ of gases, dust particles, and water vapour.
- Water drops fall as soon as water vapour in clouds condenses to form water. (true/false)
- The components of air which are harmful to living beings are(a) nitrogen and carbon dioxide(b) dust and water vapour(c) dust and smoke(d) smoke and water vapour
- Transpiration is a process in which plants(a) receive water from soil(b) absorb water vapour from air(c) prepare food from water(d) release water vapour.
- Which of the following statements are “true”?(a) Water vapour is present in air only during the monsoon.(b) Water evaporates into air from oceans, rivers and lakes but not from the soil.(c) The process of water changing into its vapour is called evaporation.(d) The evaporation of water takes place only in sunlight.(e) Water vapour condenses to form tiny droplets of water in the upper layers of air where it is cooler.
- Consider the following statements and choose the correct one:(a) We know that air or atmosphere always contains some water vapour or moisture in it.(b) Humidity is a measure of water vapour or moisture in air.(c) When the amount of water vapour in the air is high, we say humidity is high and the air feels moist or damp.(d) All the above.
- How will you demonstrate that water vapour is present in air?
- How will you demonstrate that water vapour is present in the air?
- Can we reverse the following changes? If yes, suggest the name of the method.(a) Water into water vapour(b) Water vapour into water(c) Ice into water(d) Curd into milk
- Every Drop Counts” is a slogan related to(a) counting of drops of any liquid(b) counting of water drops(c) importance of water(d) importance of counting
- Which of the two diffuses slower: bromine vapour into air or copper sulphate into water?
- The humidity of a place refers to (a) the rainfall(b) the amount of water vapour in the air(c) the snowfall(d) all of the above
- When air is blown from mouth into a test-tube containing lime water, the lime water turns milky due to the presence of:(a) oxygen (b) carbon dioxide (c) nitrogen (d) water vapour
- “Catch water where it falls” is the basic idea behind(a) recycling of water(b) making dams to store water(c) rainwater harvesting(d) condensation of water vapour
- Which one of these is essential to perform Winnowing:A. Air B. Water C. Soil D. Rain