- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Where is the safest place to stand outside in a thunderstorm?
The safest place is your home and nowhere else. But if you are outside and got stuck in heavy rain and thunderstorm, then just be a little careful and try to go inside any building or apartments. If this is also not available, keep the below key points in your mind and then according to the situations, take any steps:
Get inside the car, if available nearby and you will be safe. This is because the metal shell of your car disperses the lightning around you and to the ground. Though it is not completely safe, but safer than being outside.
Get as low as possible and then try to stand with your feet tight together.
Avoid standing near the trees, as they can be hit by lightning.
Stay away from tents/pavilions because they have metallic or at least frames made of other conductive material which makes it a risky option.
Avoid to being near any bodies of water as they are not a good option.
Pointed sharp edges are risky, hence stay away from them.
Most importantly, do not use your mobile phone.
- Why has Japan been declared as the safest place in the World to deliver a baby by the UNICEF?
- Where in the lungs does gas exchange take place?
- What is the order of colours in a rainbow, from the outside to the inside?
- (a) What do the letters p.d. stand for?(b) Which device is used to measure p.d.?
- Check if a point is inside, outside or on the ellipse in C++
- Check if a point is inside, outside or on the parabola in C++
- How to move the legend to outside of a Seaborn scatterplot in Matplotlib?
- What does the native in Java stand for?
- How to call a jQuery plugin function outside the plugin?
- How to put a legend outside the plot with Pandas?
- How are fats digested in our bodies? Where does this process take place?
- Prateek went from place A to place B and from there to place C . A is 7.5 km from B and B is 12.7 km from C. Mayur went from place A to place D and from there to place C. D is 9.3km from A and C is 11.8 km from D. Who travelled more and by how much?
- Dinesh went from place A to place B and from there to place C. A is 7.5 km from B and B is 12.7 km from C. Ayub went from place A to place D and from there to place C. D is 9.3 km from A and C is 11.8 km from D. Who traveled more and by how much?
- Where do you think rusting takes place the most, Delhi or Mumbai and why?