- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What was the Bubonic Plague all about?
Bubonic Plague is a dreadful disease also called Black Death. This pandemic disease was spread during 1346 - 1353 which cost the lives of nearly 200 Million people in Europe. This Plague was mostly caused by the Oriental rat fleas that live on black rats which entered through merchant ships into Europe through the Mediterranean Sea. This Black death was estimated to have killed nearly 60% of the Europe population.
Cause and Identification
Bubonic Plague is caused by the bacterium Yersinia Pestis which can cause several forms of Plague. This gets spread by the rats and may also result from the exposed body fluids of a dead animal infected by Plague. Once this bacterium enters the skin, the lymph nodes around that area swell and cause severe pain. These swollen lymph nodes may even break occasionally. After seven days of exposure to this bacteria, the patient is likely to develop symptoms such as chills, muscle cramps, fever, headaches, and vomiting. This Plague can be diagnosed by finding the bacterium in blood, sputum and lymph nodes.
The severe symptoms of Bubonic Plague include heavy breathing, blood vomiting, lenticular, gastrointestinal problems, extreme fatigue, aching limbs, coughing, delirium, or even coma. Under severe conditions, a state of extreme pain caused by the decomposition of skin would occur, while the person is still alive. This plague is said to be treated through the combination of antibiotics such as streptomycin, gentamicin or doxycycline and fluoroquinolone ciprofloxacin. But this has to be treated at an early stage as it is an infectious epidemic dreadful disease.
- What is The Prelude all about?
- What is the Mohu Airwave all about?
- What is the Jaipur Literature Festival all about?
- What are Python namespaces all about?
- What is the famous poem Kubla Khan all about?
- What is the "Rime of the Ancient Mariner" all about?
- What is Rudyard Kipling's The Jungle Book all about?
- What is the Temptation Scene in Absalom and Achitophel all about?
- What is the Sudarshan Kriya of the Art of Living organization all about?
- What was the time when you felt a person was actually a shrewd one?
- What was the writing style of Thomas Carlyle?
- What was the writing style of Walter Pater?
- What is the query to know about all character sets supported by MySQL?
- How was Dangal able to gross over Rs. 1,000 crores in China? What did the Chinese like about the film so much?