- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What is Pre Requests scripts in Postman?
We can create Pre-Request Script to define the sequence of execution of requests in a Collection. A Pre-Request Script is also utilized for scenarios where value returned from a request is required in the following request or a value returned from a request should be captured prior to the next request.
These scripts are defined in the Pre-request Script tab in Postman.
console.log("This is a Postman Tutorial in Tutorialspoint")
Send a GET request for an endpoint.
Postman Console Output −
Here, the message - This is a Postman Tutorial in Tutorialspoint gets displayed prior to the execution of the GET request since it has been added as a part of the Pre-Request Script.
A Pre-Request Script can be added for a Collection with the below steps −
Step1 − Click on the three dots to the right of the Collection name in the sidebar. Then click on Edit.
Step2 − EDIT COLLECTION window shall open. Select the Pre-Request Scripts tab and then add a script. Finally, click on the Update button.
- What are Scripts In Postman?
- What is Pre-Request Script in Postman?
- How to parameterize requests in Postman?
- How to Share Session ID across Different Requests in Postman?
- Creating Variables using Pre Request Script using Postman?
- What is Postman Sandbox?
- What is Postman Console?
- What is Newman in Postman?
- What is API Documentation in Postman?
- What is an Environment Variable in Postman?
- What is a pre-processor directive in C#?
- What is #define pre-processor directive in C#?
- What is the difference between story and screenplay in film scripts?
- What is a conditional pre-processor directive in C#?
- What is Execution order of Collection Runner in Postman?