- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What are Snippets in Postman?
Snippets are small scripts used in Postman which are used to verify an API. These are pre-developed scripts that can be utilized directly. Thus it helps to save a good amount of time.
Snippets can be used in the Pre-request Script and Tests tabs in Postman. Navigate to the Tests tab and the SNIPPETS section should be available to the extreme right of the screen. Click on any snippet to use it in a script.
On clicking the link Get a variable, the below script gets populated in the Tests tab which can be used in our own script −
Navigate to the Pre-Request Script tab and the SNIPPETS section should be available to the extreme right of the screen. Click on any snippet to use it in a script.
On clicking the link Get an environment variable, the below script gets populated in the Pre-request Script tab which can be used in our own script −
- Related Articles
- What are Rich Snippets? Complete Beginners Guide
- What are Scripts In Postman?
- What are Sessions in Postman?
- What are Postman Monitors?
- What are Local Scope Variables in Postman?
- What are different Parameters available in Newman using Postman?
- What is Newman in Postman?
- What is API Documentation in Postman?
- What is Postman Sandbox?
- What is Postman Console?
- What is Pre Requests scripts in Postman?
- What is an Environment Variable in Postman?
- What is Pre-Request Script in Postman?
- GUID in Postman
- What is Execution order of Collection Runner in Postman?