- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What is Pre-Request Script in Postman?
We can include a Pre-Request Script to set the order of execution of requests within a Collection. A Pre-Request Script can also handle a scenario in which a value yielded from the request one has to be fed to the next request or the value yielded from the request one has to be processed before moving to the next request.
A Pre-Request can also be utilized to set a value from the Response field to a variable linked to a script in the Tests tab. These scripts are defined in the Pre-request Script tab in Postman.
console.log("This is a Postman Tutorial in Tutorialspoint")
Select a GET request and enter an endpoint then click on Send.
Postman Console Output:
Pre-Request Script to Collections
Step1 − Click on the three dots beside a Collection in the sidebar. Then click on Edit.
Step2 − EDIT COLLECTION pop-up comes up. Click on the Pre-Request Scripts tab to add a pre-condition script. Then click on Update.
- Creating Variables using Pre Request Script using Postman?
- What is Pre Requests scripts in Postman?
- How to see request logs in Postman console?
- How to use Global Variable in Postman Request?
- How to create a PUT request in Postman?
- How to create a DELETE request in Postman?
- How to create a POST request in Postman?
- What is Postman Sandbox?
- What is Postman Console?
- What is Newman in Postman?
- What is API Documentation in Postman?
- What is a request object in JSP?
- What is Shell Script?
- How to share Session ID Cookie with another request using Postman?
- What is an Environment Variable in Postman?