- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What is Anorexia? What are its symptoms?
Anorexia can be described as a psychological disorder, emotional in nature characterized by an obsessive desire to lose weight or stay thin by refusing to eat enough.
Symptoms of anorexia
Anorexia is a compulsive obsessive disorder where the patient indulges in chronic dieting though he or she is underweight.
Here the person faces an intense desire to stay thin and is always driven by a strange fear of gaining weight, and skips meals to the extent of malnutrition.
The anorexic person tends to eat food in small portions and tries to break the food down into tiny pieces before eating so that they get the feeling of eating a whole meal.
Heavily obsessed with the calorie count and prefers to eat low calorie and low-fat foods.
Has low self-esteem and always tries to prove his or her point that dieting is because of his or her overweight body.
Uses laxatives, diuretics, water pills and other diet drugs in order to lose weight and to suppress appetite.
Exercises in an attempt to stay fit and lose more weight though underweight. This puts extra pressure on the body and as the body is already deprived of nutrients it leads to various health complications like osteoporosis, low BP and liver disorders.
Physical symptoms of anorexic Patients
Thin physique due to extreme weight loss.
Anemia due to abnormal blood count.
Fatigue and dizziness,
Seizures and fainting
Thinning of hair and brittleness of both hair and nails.
The absence of menstruation in females
Constipation and dehydration.
Dry and dehydrated skin
Osteoporosis on account of low calcium in the diet
Irregular heartbeat and low blood pressure
The incidence of alcoholism to control hunger.
Depression and anxiety.
Obsessed with perfection, wants to be in good shape and stay slim.
- What is Neuroendocrine Tumor? What are its symptoms and treatment?
- What are the causes of Anorexia?
- What is the treatment for Anorexia?
- What are the symptoms of acute anaemia?
- What are the symptoms of Calcium Deficiency?
- What is anaemia and what are its effects?
- What is Osteoporosis and what are its effects?
- What is Multiplexing and what are its types?
- What is pytest and what are its advantages?
- What is Spoofing and what are its types?
- What are the causes and symptoms of Proteinuria?
- What are the symptoms of Vitamin D deficiency?
- What is MySQL Cursor? What are its main properties?
- What is alkaloid Scopolamine and what are its effects?
- What is a psychosomatic disorder? What are its remedies?