- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What is AMBUSH Marketing? Why is it known as surprise attack?
Ambush, as the name implies, is a surprise marketing. The term Ambush marketing was coined by Jerry Welsh, a marketing strategist. Ambush marketing is a type of marketing where the marketer associates the product with an event or property and the marketer is not directly or officially related to that event. This is a type of Guerilla marketing.
To be more precise, we often happen to watch some advertisements which refer to some events or personalities indirectly without mentioning them officially. Such advertisements have a lot of impact on unknowingly.
Grab the Opportunity
This kind of advertising is done by utilizing the opportunities in a sensible way without hinting any kind of direct involvement and not mentioning any official relationship with the event. But still, the advertiser alludes to the images and themes of that event, associating his product. The audience could misinterpret them to be the official sponsors while they have nothing to do with the event. These acts would also dilute the advertising of the official sponsors if these marketers could succeed in connecting emotionally with the audience through their advertising.
Imagine, when you are about to have your favorite dish which is prepared by your mom especially for you, your aunt jumps in and take a picture of the dish artistically and uploads it on Facebook !! Won’t you be taken back by what she just did?
Haha...This is a simple example of Ambush marketing.
Though your aunt might not claim that she made it but those who see the picture in her profile would obviously think that it was made by her. Ambush marketing exactly works this way.
In order to restrict Ambush marketing, like in major international sports events where the official sponsors are getting devalued, laws are being imposed so that only the official sponsors have a marketing presence in that radius.
- Why is Lord Hanuman also known as Bajrang Bali?
- Who is Milkha Singh? Why is he known as Flying Jat?
- Who is Kumar Vishwas? Why he is so much known as poet?
- Why is Jadav Payeng alias Molai known as Forest Man?
- Why is Sanskrit known as the mother of all languages?
- What is a Passive Attack and How is it different from an Active Attack?
- Why is Yoga known as a spiritual connection between God and Human?
- What is Ransomware Attack?
- What is Attack Vector?
- What is Simjacker attack?
- What is Replay Attack?
- What is CSS and why it is used?
- What is gestational diabetes? Why is it caused?
- Why is the day before Festival Diwali (New Moon day) is known as "Kaalichaudas"?
- Why is Bodh Gaya known for black magic?