- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What is adopted child syndrome and some effective ways to prevent it?
This serious condition is a consequence of several emotional and psychological problems an adopted child faces. It consists of the characteristics that are solely related to their status i.e. adopted. A few of them are stealing habits, lack of attachment, lying, and violent behavior. Even the most successful personalities have often referred to as “extreme pain” of abandonment, negligence, ignorance, and rejection due to adoption.
- Anxiety disorders
- Low self-esteem
- Identity crisis
- Conduct disorder
- Feelings of ignorance, grief, and rejection
- Severe depressive disorder
- Oppositional defiant disorder (ODD)
- Separation anxiety disorder
- Behavioral problems
- Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
Why Could Adopted Children Develop This Syndrome?
Neglect and Loss: Adopted children may sometimes develop a feeling of being ignored by their parents.
The Pain of Separation from Biological Parents: An abandoned or adopted child may carry the trauma and pain of separation from their biological parents.
Urge to Know More About their Biological Parents: The adoption agencies and the adopted families might not tell the child about their original family. Thus, this mystery creates frustration in children because they want to know more about their natural parents.
Cultural Differences: For example, if the adopted family is from America and they adopt an Asian origin child, the differences in ethnicity may lead to this syndrome.
Differences In Genetics: The adoptee may observe that his physical appearance, facial features, tastes, and preferences are different from the other family members. And these genetic differences would be so visible that the adopted child may grow up into a confused adult.
How to Prevent It?
Be playful with your adopted child so that he may realize his self-worth and enjoy his life.
You need to be loving and empathic to your adopted child.
Hold his hand, love him, hug him, kiss him, play with him, and show your care towards him.
Accept the adopted the way he is. Share your expectations slowly once he settles in your environment.
Build a feeling of permanency and security in your child by the time he starts going to school.
- Related Articles
- What are the ways to prevent child maltreatment?
- What is Bluesnarfing and how to prevent it?
- 8 Ways to Prevent HPV or Detect It Early
- What is aqua yoga and how effective is it?
- What is Hacking and how is it performed? How to prevent hacking?
- What Is Doxing and How Can You Prevent It?
- Effective Ways to Increase Sales Productivity
- What is some lunch box Do’s and Dont’s for an underweight child?
- Is it Skeeter Syndrome?
- What is Harpooning? (How it Works, How to Prevent)
- What is an Enumeration Attack? How to Prevent It?
- 5 Ways to Prevent Pancreatitis and Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency
- Effective Ways To Increase Digital Sales Volume
- What is Credential Stuffing? (How it Works, How to Prevent)
- What is Code Injection? (How it Works, How to Prevent)