- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What effects does intermittent fasting have on the human body?
Ok, so the long-tested typical Indian fasting pattern where we fast for the first half and gorge in the 2nd half has finally got an official version in the name of intermittent fasting. It's not about which food to eat or in what quantity, but it's instead a more systematic approach that stresses a healthy pattern than just eat right and then stop. I got to know about this recently and ran a quick search on the internet. That's when I discovered that intermittent fasting is divided into four variants. For the basics, you can drink liquids like tea, coffee, water, and any other non-caloric beverages while you are fasting.
This is for those who are fasting for the 1st time. In fact, this is something many people must be already following subconsciously. This is when you are eating within a 12 hours window like from 7 am in the morning to 7 pm in the evening, and then fasting for the remaining 12 hours that is, finishing your dinner at 7 pm and then eating breakfast at 7 am in the morning next day.
This is when you are fasting 16 hours a day and eating within 8 hours. This means that you will need to fit in two to three meals in the 8hour window. You can skip breakfast in this method if it's suitable for you, eat the first meal during mid-day and no food at night.
It gets intense here with 20 hours of fasting and eating within 4 hours window with max two meals to fit in.
This works out as an alternate day fasting or ADF where you would need to limit your calorie intake to just 500 calories for two days in a week, and what you want for the rest of the week.
This is another ADF technique and unlike the 5:2 diet, here you can choose your days to fast in a week (1 or 2 days) and fast for 24 hours.
- What are the different systems present in human body?
- What is the importance of blood in human body?
- Why do human beings feel pain in the body?
- What effect does green tea leave on the body if consumed right after the meal?
- Does the increasing number of moles on your body indicate some illness?
- What are the effects of gestational diabetes on the baby?
- What are the effects of Variable Load on Power Stations?
- What are the five foods I must avoid to have a six pack body?
- Does vastu really effects the people living in the house?
- What are the Effects of Cyberwarfare?
- What significance does art have in our lives?
- What is the effect of EMI(Electro Magnetic Interferences) on the human nervous system?
- What is the purpose of Human Life?
- What is the human brain made of?
- What are the effects of Information Asymmetry and Agency Costs on Dividend Policy?