- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What are the differences between Wuala and ShareFile?
Let us understand the concepts of Wuala and ShareFile before learning the differences between them.
ShareFile was launched by Jesse Lipson in the year 2005 and was later owned by Citrix system in the year 2011. It can be integrated with any third party applications and current file storage systems to ensure flexible and synchronous file storage, modification, saving, sending and retrieval of files. It accommodates the secure sending of large files, with the ability to send and receive files of up to 100 GB in size.
It helps us to access the files from any device, mobile or desktop, allowing you to work anywhere. We can also add an e-signature feature to our documents, provide tracking tools and get notified when files are received.
The features of ShareFile are as follows −
The advantages of ShareFile are as follows −
We can share documents
Send and receive files in a more safe and secure way.
Software includes a number of features.
The disadvantages of ShareFile are as follows −
Difficult to non-tech people to handle
Outlook extension of ShareFile is not good
Sometimes documents are shown as corrupted and forced to reload.
Transferring takes a lot of time.
It is a secure online file storage, file synchronization, versioning and backup service provided by Caleido Inc and developed by Dominik Grolimund and Luzius Meisserin.
It was developed using Java, offered 5 GB free storage space and was launched in 2008. But in the year 2015, Wuala announced that they are discontinuing its service and all stored data would be deleted on 15 November 2015.
Wuala is a secure cloud storage service that enables users to store, encrypt, sync, backup, and access their files online.
The features of Wuala are as follows −
Keep files private
Share files with other registered and unregistered users
The advantages of Wuala are as follows −
More space is available in Wuala
The uploads automatically encrypted
Bandwidth can adjust
Supports mobile devices
The disadvantages of Wuala are as follows −
It will be slow at any time
It is an operating system dependent
It requires a separate program to work with files.
The major differences between Wuala and ShareFile are as follows −
|Wuala was owned by Caleido
Incorporation later by Seagate
Technology in the year 2008.||It was launched by Jesse Lipson in the
year 2005 by later owned by Citrix
System in 2011|
|Wuala offers 5 GB free storage space.||It offers 10 GB for a 30 days free trial.|
|Wuala provides file hosting service and
commercial file Synchronization service.||ShareFile provides File Synchronization.|
|The Maximum storage capacity is 2TB||ShareFile provides unlimited storage size|
|Wuala is supported by iOS, Android,
Windows and Ubuntu.||ShareFile is supported by OS X, Android,
|Wuala provides the ability to trade local
disk space against cloud.||ShareFile provides the ability for local disk
|Wuala Services are suspended in the year
2015||ShareFile is still in active|
- Related Articles
- What are the differences between Mega and Wuala?
- What are the differences between OneDrive and Wuala?
- What are the differences between iCloud and Wuala?
- What are the differences between Dropbox and Wuala?
- What are the differences between SecureSafe and Wuala?
- What are the differences between SugarSync and Wuala?
- What are the differences between Box and Wuala?
- What are the differences between CloudMe and Wuala?
- What are the differences between BorgBase and Wuala?
- What are the differences between Wuala and RapidShare?
- What are the differences between TitanFile and Wuala?
- What are the differences between Tresorit and Wuala?
- What are the differences between Wuala and ZumoDrive?
- What are the differences between Jumpshare and Wuala?
- What are the differences between MediaFire and Wuala?