- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What are the differences between Wuala and RapidShare?
Let us understand the concepts of Rapidshare and Wuala before learning the differences between them.
RapidShare is an online file hosting service started in the year 2002 by Christian Schmid and dissolved in the year 2015.
The features of RapidShare are as follows −
It is an online file storage service that helps to upload multiple files and generate a private download links
With the help of the link we can share the content to anyone
Uploading files to Rapidshare is easy just select the file and click the “Upload” button
We can also use the Flash-based upload manager that allows us to upload up to three files at a time.
The size limit for RapidShare files is 500 MB, but we can split up larger archives if necessary.
The free account has some limitations like files can only be downloaded 10 times and the RapidShare links are erased after 60 days of inactivity.
The RapidShare Premium account is much faster.
The sign up for RapidShare is free and helps us to manage files in an organized way.
The advantages of RapidShare are as follows −
Easy to use
It is fast and efficient file storage.
It has a Flash uploader.
The disadvantage is that there are certain limitations in free accounts.
It is a secure online file storage, file synchronization, versioning and backup service provided by Caleido Inc and developed by Dominik Grolimund and Luzius Meisserin.
It was developed using Java, offered 5 GB free storage space and was launched in 2008. But in the year 2015, Wuala announced that they are discontinuing its service and all stored data would be deleted on 15 November 2015.
Wuala is a secure cloud storage service that enables users to store, encrypt, sync, backup, and access their files online.
The features of Wuala are as follows −
Keep files private
Share files with other registered and unregistered users
The advantages of Wuala are as follows −
More space is available in Wuala
The uploads automatically encrypted
Bandwidth can adjust
Supports mobile devices
The disadvantages of Wuala are as follows −
It will be slow at any time
It is an operating system dependent
It requires a separate program to work with files.
The major differences between Wuala and RapidShare are as follows −
|Wuala is owned by Caleido Incorporation
later by Seagate Technology in the year
2008.||RapidShare was launched in the year
2001 by Christian Schmid.|
|Wuala offers 5 GB free storage space.||RapidShare offers limited storage for free.|
|Initially Wuala had referral system but
later it was suspended||RapidShare does not provide free space
for referral systems|
|The Maximum storage capacity is 2TB||RapidShare offers limited storage for paid.|
|Wuala was suspended in the year 2015.||RapidShare service was suspended in
|Wuala provides the ability to trade local
disk space against cloud.||RapidShare provides ability to trade local
disk storage space|
|The Wuala link has not expired.||If RapidShare is inactive till 60 days then
the link will expire.|
|Wuala provides file hosting service, file
synchronization service and cloud storage
service.||RapidShare provides file hosting service
and online backup service.|
- Related Articles
- What are the differences between Box and RapidShare?
- What are the differences between CloudMe and RapidShare?
- What are the differences between Dropbox and RapidShare?
- What are the differences between BorgBase and RapidShare?
- What are the differences between iCloud and RapidShare?
- What are the differences between Jumpshare and RapidShare?
- What are the differences between MediaFire and RapidShare?
- What are the differences between Mega and RapidShare?
- What are the differences between OneDrive and RapidShare?
- What are the differences between ShareFile and RapidShare?
- What are the differences between Zetta and RapidShare?
- What are the differences between RapidShare and pCloud?
- What are the differences between SugarSync and RapidShare?
- What are the differences between TitanFile and RapidShare?
- What are the differences between Tresorit and RapidShare?