- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What are the differences between holography and photography?
Holography is a newer photographic technique. In conventional photography, a camera focuses the light reflected from an illuminated three-dimensional object and negative is made initially. Using the negative, a positive print is developed later. This positive print is the only two-dimensional view of a three-dimensional object.
Founder of Holography
Based on this, Dennis Gabor developed a novel photographic technique using interferometry. This technique is known as Holography, Holo means complete and Graphy means writing.
Holography Vs Photography
Pattern Difference: Hologram produced by Holography is a positive pattern while conventional photography, a negative pattern is produced on the film.
The Difference In Dimensions: Photography is the 2-D view of a 3-D object while in Holography, the viewer can see the image of the original object completely in 3-D form.
What Part of the Image Is Constructed?: In photography, if a part of the image is destructed, there is the loss of information corresponding to that object. But the same does not happen in Holography as each part of the hologram contains information about the whole object.
One Image Versus Many Images: Several images can be recorded on hologram at the same time. But in photography, a single photo film cannot help in recording several images.
Loss of Clarity: If a hologram is broken into pieces, each fragment is capable of producing a complete virtual image if an object though with reduced clarity. But in photography, what is lost once is lost forever.
Information Capacity: Holography has high information capacity as compared to photography.
Thus, Holography is much advantageous as compared to conventional photography as the reconstructed 3-D image can be studied at leisure in the former case.
- Difference between Holography and Photography
- What are the differences between C++ and Java?
- What are the differences between C and Java?
- What are the differences between lodash and underscore?
- What are the differences between solvency and liquidity?
- What are the differences between IPO and FPO?
- What are the differences between Flutter and Xamarin?
- What are the differences between Telegram and WhatsApp?
- What are the differences between FDMA and CDMA?
- What are the differences between Antivirus and Antispyware?
- What are the differences between Fastag and Barcode?
- What are the differences between Dropbox and MiMedia?
- What are the differences between Fastag and NFC?
- What are the differences between Barcode and NFC?
- What are the differences between Wuala and ShareFile?