- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What are the differences between Antivirus and Antispyware?
Let us understand the concepts of antivirus software and antispyware.
It is a program which is designed and developed to protect computers from malware like viruses, computer worms, spyware, botnets, rootkits, keyloggers and such. Antivirus programs mainly perform the function like to scan, detect and remove viruses from your computer.
The different versions present in market are as follows −
The virus is stored in a distinct vicinity referred to as a vault in which it has a different file machine due to which virus impacts it. Users can themselves coach antivirus to delete computer virus, put it in a vault or even ignore it. These days most come in GUI shape.
However, the main objective of any antivirus program is to protect computers and remove viruses once detected. The antivirus programs can perform both automated and manual filtering abilities.
The antivirus software is basically intended to ensure complete protection for PCs against virus infections; numerous antivirus programs are now secure against different sorts of malware.
Antivirus software includes firewall features also, which anticipate unapproved access to your PC.
Features of an Effective Antivirus
Following are the features of an effective antivirus −
Auto Sandbox Technology
Host Intrusion Protection System (HIPS)
It is similar to an antivirus program which is used to prevent and detect unwanted spyware and malwares. Anti-spyware software will perform routine checks on your computer to make sure your system is safe.
It monitors incoming data from email, websites, and downloads of files and stops spyware programs in the computer operating system. It also makes sure your privacy is protected 24/7 from any possible intrusions.
There are so many programmes on the internet which can pose as well-established anti-spyware but are viruses themselves.
We can easily tell the difference between genuine and fake anti-spyware. For that, we have to run a simple review search on the internet of products.
The major differences between Antivirus software and Anti spyware are as follows −
Antivirus usually works on files and folders of our computer system. Whereas anti spyware works only with internet threats.
Antivirus helps to remove viruses from computer systems but anti spyware helps to remove viruses from the internet.
Antivirus doesn’t browsed activity of internet but anti spyware browsed time to time activity of internet.
The limitations of antivirus and antispyware software are as follows −
It generally slows down the system as memory resources are being used.
It is not sure that you will be completely protected as most of the software’s provide a basic level of protection only.
There can be loopholes inside antivirus too so some viruses can bypass it too and it can be used to exploit the system.
- What are the differences between Endpoint Security and Antivirus Software?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of Antivirus?
- What is the difference between Antivirus and Trojan horse?
- What are the differences between C++ and Java?
- What are the differences between C and Java?
- What are the differences between holography and photography?
- What are the differences between lodash and underscore?
- What are the differences between solvency and liquidity?
- What are the differences between IPO and FPO?
- What are the differences between Flutter and Xamarin?
- What are the differences between Telegram and WhatsApp?
- What are the differences between FDMA and CDMA?
- What are the differences between Fastag and Barcode?
- What are the differences between Dropbox and MiMedia?
- What are the differences between Fastag and NFC?