- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What are the differences between Fastag and Barcode?
Let us understand the concepts of Bar code and Fastag.
A bar code reader decodes the data contained in the barcode and sends it to the computer. It produces a beam of light or a laser beam to read barcodes which is reflected by the bar code image.
A light sensitive detector which is present in the reader identifies the bar code by recognizing special bars on both ends of image. With the help of these special bar's reader is able to identify whether the bar code has been read right side up or upside down.
Once a barcode is identified by a bar code reader it decodes it and converts the individual bar patterns into numeric digit code that can be read by computer, After decoding the barcode it enters that data into computer as a text.
The advantages of barcode are as follows −
The disadvantages of bar code are as follows −
Given below is the sample image of a Bar code −
FASTag is an electronic scanner system used for toll collection in India, which is operated by the National Highway Authority of India.
It incorporates the Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) technology for doing toll payments either prepaid or from savings accounts which are linked to it or directly toll owner.
The RFID enabled sticker which is fixed to a vehicle’s windshield, and a reader at the toll booth are used to scan this card and wirelessly and automatically processes the payment.
When we pass a FASTag-enabled toll plaza, we don’t need to stop our vehicles to make cash payment for the toll fee. We can keep driving and the fee will be paid automatically.
The advantages of Fastag are as follows −
Convenience to users
Secure payment system
Protection against corruption
Man power cost saves
The disadvantages of Fastag are as follows −
The major differences between barcode and FasTag are as follows −
|Barcode was created and developed by Norman Joseph Woodland in 1952.||Fastag was developed by the national payment corporation of India in the year 2014.|
|Bar code and be represented in 2 types − one dimensional or 2 dimensional.||Fastag is represented in one type.|
|Barcode stores numbers in a printed format where the computer can understand.||Fastag is a method of toll collection using RFID technology.|
|Barcode used at super markets and different stores to track all purchased products and also in hospitals for tracking the patient record etc.||Fastag is used by the National highway authority for toll collection.|
|Barcode is based on Morse code.||Fastag is based on RFID technology.|
|Barcode requires less storage when compared to Fastag.||Fastag requires more storage when compared to barcode.|
|Barcode doesn’t have memory storage.||Fastag contains memory storage.|
|Barcode reads and detects fast when compared to fastag.||Fastag is slower in processing.|
- What are the differences between Fastag, Barcode and NFC?
- What are the differences between Fastag and NFC?
- What are the differences between Barcode and NFC?
- What are the differences between RFID and Barcode?
- What are the differences between Fastag and QR Code?
- What are the differences between Barcode and QR Code?
- What are the differences between Fastag, QR Code and NFC?
- What are the differences between QR code, Barcode and NFC?
- What are the differences between C++ and Java?
- What are the differences between C and Java?
- What are the differences between holography and photography?
- What are the differences between lodash and underscore?
- What are the differences between solvency and liquidity?
- What are the differences between IPO and FPO?
- What are the differences between Flutter and Xamarin?