- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What are Postman Monitors?
Postman Monitors are used to ensure that the performance and the Response obtained from an API are being maintained properly. Monitors are scheduled on a regular interval of minutes, hours or weeks for the entire day.
The steps to create a Postman Monitor are listed below −
Step 1 − Click on the arrow symbol to the right of the Collection name. Then click on the Monitors tab.
Step 2 − Click on the Create a Monitor button.
Please Note − we have to Sign in to a Postman account in order to create a Monitor.
Step 3 − Provide an input to the Monitor name, Version Tag, Use an environment, Monitor run frequency and Regions fields in the Configuration tab and then click on Create.
Step 4 − The Monitor gets created. Click on Close and proceed.
Step 5 − The Monitor name is now visible under the Monitors tab. Click it.
Step 6 − A new window opens in the browser. Then click on Run.
Step 7 − The Monitor Console shall open with the result of the execution along with the tests which passed, failed and so on.
Step 8 − Click on any rectangular bar and at the bottom of the same screen, we shall get the results of individual requests for an iteration.
- Disadvantages of Monitors in Postman
- What are Scripts In Postman?
- What are Sessions in Postman?
- What are Snippets in Postman?
- Monitors vs Semaphores
- What are Local Scope Variables in Postman?
- What are different Parameters available in Newman using Postman?
- What is Postman Sandbox?
- What is Postman Console?
- How to implement monitors using semaphores?
- What is Newman in Postman?
- What is API Documentation in Postman?
- Monitors linux server performance remotely using web browser
- What is Pre Requests scripts in Postman?
- What is an Environment Variable in Postman?