- DCN Tutorial
- Data Comm & Networks Home
- DCN - Overview
- DCN - Computer Network Types
- DCN - Network LAN Technologies
- DCN - Computer Network Topologies
- DCN - Computer Network Models
- DCN - Computer Network Security
- Physical Layer
- DCN - Physical Layer Introduction
- DCN - Digital Transmission
- DCN - Analog Transmission
- DCN - Transmission media
- DCN - Wireless Transmission
- DCN - Multiplexing
- DCN - Network Switching
- Data Link Layer
- DCN - Data Link Layer Introduction
- DCN - Error detection and Correction
- DCN - Data Link Control & Protocols
- Network Layer
- DCN - Network Layer Introduction
- DCN - Network Addressing
- DCN - Routing
- DCN - Internetworking
- DCN - Network Layer Protocols
- Transport Layer
- DCN - Transport Layer Introduction
- DCN - Transmission Control Protocol
- DCN - User Datagram Protocol
- Application Layer
- DCN - Application Layer Introduction
- DCN - Client-Server Model
- DCN - Application Protocols
- DCN - Network Services
- DCN Useful Resources
- DCN - Quick Guide
- DCN - Useful Resources
What are ISDN Layers in computer networks?
ISDN is also known as Integrated Services Digital Network. It is helpful in a wide range of services, for example, text (message), image, etc. It is capable of giving services and the foundation of telecommunication networks i.e. useful in the framework.
It was also known as Integrated Digital Network because it is a digital technique that is used in switching as well as in transmission.
Types of Channel
It has three types of Channel.
Data-rate: 64 kbps.
Required: for voice, information which has less data rate.
Data-rate: 16-64 kbps.
Required: for packet switched data.
Data-rate − 1536 kbps or 1920 kbps data rate.
Required − for video/ high-speed data or audio, etc.
Types of ISDN layers
The following are the types of layers −
- Physical Layer
- Data-Link Layer
Types of Interfaces
ISDN has four types of interfaces or services, which are as follows −
Basic Rate Interface (BRI) − BRI uses the current infrastructure of telephone. It provides configuration for B-channel at the data rate of 64 kbps and D-channel at the data-rate of 16 kbps.
Primary Rate Interface (PRI) − PRI uses T-carriers in the United States and E-carrier in Europe.
Narrowband ISDN − It acts as a carrier of voice information by using less bandwidth.
Broadband ISDN − It helps in transmission of media by using high bandwidth as compared to narrowband ISDN.
- Related Articles
- What are the Design Issues for the Layers of Computer Networks?
- Computer Networks – Layers of OSI Model
- Design Issues for the Layers of Computer Networks
- What is ISDN in the Computer Network?
- What are noise impairments in Computer networks?
- What are the Gateways in Computer Networks?
- What are Terrestrial Microwaves in computer networks?
- What are Satellite Microwaves in computer networks?
- What are the Transmission Impairments in computer networks?
- What are static routing algorithms in computer networks?
- What are Dynamic routing algorithms in computer networks?
- What are IPV6 Unicast Addresses in computer networks?
- What are the Protocol Hierarchies in Computer Networks?
- What is B-ISDN reference model in computer network?
- What are Computer Networks and IP addresses?