- Learn MySQL
- MySQL - Home
- MySQL - Introduction
- MySQL - Installation
- MySQL - Administration
- MySQL - PHP Syntax
- MySQL - Connection
- MySQL - Create Database
- MySQL - Drop Database
- MySQL - Select Database
- MySQL - Data Types
- MySQL - Create Tables
- MySQL - Drop Tables
- MySQL - Insert Query
- MySQL - Select Query
- MySQL - Where Clause
- MySQL - Update Query
- MySQL - Delete Query
- MySQL - Like Clause
- MySQL - Sorting Results
- MySQL - Using Join
- MySQL - NULL Values
- MySQL - Regexps
- MySQL - Transactions
- MySQL - Alter Command
- MySQL - Indexes
- MySQL - Temporary Tables
- MySQL - Clone Tables
- MySQL - Database Info
- MySQL - Using Sequences
- MySQL - Handling Duplicates
- MySQL - SQL Injection
- MySQL - Database Export
- MySQL - Database Import
Steps to upgrade a MySQL installation
Below are the steps mentioned to upgrade a MySQL installation −
Upgrade the paths
Prepare the installation for an upgrade
Upgrade the MySQL binary or package-based installation on Unix or Linux
MySQL can also be upgraded using MySQL yum repository or APT repository or SLES repository or on Windows.
The next step is to upgrade the docker installation of MySQL
Upgrade the troubleshooting
The tables or indexes have to be rebuilt or repaired.
The MySQL databases have to be copied to the other machine.
MySQL binary and package-based installations can be done on Unix or linux in many different ways. They have been mentioned below.
MySQL cluster upgrade
Let us understand each of the above mentioned methods in brief −
An in-place upgrade involves shutting down the old MySQL server, replacing the old MySQL binaries or the packages with the new ones.
Once this is done, the MySQL server is restarted on the existing data directory.
After this, the remaining parts of the existing installation, that require some kind of upgrade, are upgraded.
A logical upgrade involves exporting the SQL from old MySQL instance.
This is done with the help of a backup or export utility such as ‘mysqldump’ or ‘mysqlpump’.
The new MySQL server is installed by applying the SQL to the new MySQL instance.
MySQL Cluster Upgrade
The MGM nodes are upgraded.
The data nodes are upgraded one at a time.
The API nodes are upgraded one at a time, and this includes the MySQL servers.
The data dictionary is upgraded.
The system tables are upgraded.
The system is restarted.
- Related Articles
- Steps to perform installation of SAP HANA plug-ins in Eclipse
- Upgrading a Docker Installation of MySQL
- MySQL Installation Related Programs
- How to upgrade MySQL server from command line?
- mysql_upgrade - Check and Upgrade MySQL Tables
- mysql_secure_installation - Improve MySQL Installation Security
- Important MYSQL Performance Tuning and Settings after Installation
- How to upgrade django to a newer version in anaconda?
- How to upgrade your smartphone to android m
- Upgrade your computer for free to windows 10
- ISO It’s time for an Upgrade
- Cypress Installation (Test Automation)
- With use of SAP .NET Connector to perform an upgrade
- How to upgrade docker container with previous network and volumes?
- How to get android application first installation date?