- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Pragya wrapped a cord around a circular pipe of radius $4\ cm$ $(adjoining figure)$ and cut off the length required of the cord. Then she wrapped it around a square box of side $4\ cm$ $(also shown)$. Did she have any cord left? $(\pi=3.14)$
Given: Pragya wrapped a cord around a circular pipe of radius $4\ cm$ $(adjoining figure)$ and cut off the length required of the cord. Then she wrapped it around a square box of side $4\ cm$ $(also shown)$
To do: To check whether she have any cord left?
Side of square box $=4\ cm$
The radius of circular pipe $=4\ cm$
Length of the cord $=$ Circumference of the circular pipe
$=2\times 3.14\times 4\ cm$
The perimeter of the square box $=4\times side$
$= 4\times 4\ cm$
$= 16\ cm$
Length of the cord left $=$ Circumference of the circular pipe-Perimeter of the square box
$= 25.12\ cm - 16\ cm$
$= 9.12\ cm$
Yes, $9.12\ cm$ cord is left.
- Define cut off point cut-off rate in accounting.
- EventSource vs. wrapped WebSocket with HTML5 Server-Side Event
- How do I use Tkinter in Python to create line-wrapped text that fills the width of the window?
- C++ program to find circumference of the circular pond with radius R
- Cut Set and Cut Vertex of Graph
- How to set the radius of a Circle using FabricJS?
- How to turn off the ticks and marks of a matlibplot axes?
- How to set the margins of a Matplotlib figure?
- Area of a Circular Sector?
- Sum of the nodes of a Circular Linked List in C++
- Find the Surface area of a 3D figure in Python
- C++ program to find the Radius of the incircle of the triangle
- How do you remove all the options of a select box and then add one option and select it with jQuery?
- Find the minimum of maximum length of a jump required to reach the last island in exactly k jumps in Python