- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Why farmers need to separate grains from the chaff?
The method of separating grains from chaffs is known as threshing.
This process is performed to separate the edible part of the grain or seeds (or other crops) from the straw and chaff.
The process can be done manually by beating it on a solid surface or by using a threshing machine.
Stalks or stems of crop plants and the chaff are soft material whereas the grains themselves are very hard, therefore after striking it the heavy hard grains get detached from the soft stalks.
- Related Articles
- Which equipment is used to separate seeds from its chaff?
- How can you separate grains from stalk?
- What method will we use to separate grains from stalks?
- Why do we need a separate Data Warehouse?
- We must need whole grains & fresh fruits in our food Why?
- Which amongst the following methods would be most appropriate to separate grains from bundles of stalks?Hand pickingWinnowingSievingThreshing
- Why do we need to separate different components of a mixture? Explain with examples.
- Why do we need to separate different components of a mixture? Give two examples.
- Why do farmers grow many fruits and vegetable crops inside large greenhouses? What are the advantages to the farmers?
- Why do farmers add quick lime to his fields?
- While preparing chapatis, Paheli found that the flour to be used was mixed with wheat grains. Which out of the following is the most suitable method to separate the grains from the flour?ThreshingSievingWinnowingFiltration
- Why are farmers constantly committing suicide in India?
- How to separate the salt from saltwater?
- Why we separate things?