- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Why do farmers grow many fruits and vegetable crops inside large greenhouses? What are the advantages to the farmers?
Greenhouses are large glasshouses that are used to trap sunlight, to manipulate the indoor house's temperature. Farmers are preferring to grow fruits and vegetables inside greenhouses because this method provides easy harvesting to farmers under extremely changing weather conditions.
Advantages of carrying out harvesting in greenhouses are:
(i) Fewer disturbances to crops under unpredictable weather conditions.
(ii) Increase in annual productivity in controlled temperature conditions.
(iii) Crops and vegetables cultivated using this method are enriched with nutrients.
A greenhouse is often a glass structure that is utilized for the purpose of cultivating plants in environments that are subject to climate control. It is referred to as a greenhouse due to the fact that the heat that enters the glasshouse is prevented from escaping due to the presence of the glass, which in turn keeps the temperature consistent within the glasshouse.
The use of such structures in areas with lower average temperatures allows for the cultivation of plants in an environment that can be controlled. In order to ensure that the temperature, humidity, and light levels in the greenhouse are kept at the ideal levels for plant growth, the greenhouses can be equipped with appropriate controllers.
- Related Articles
- Why do farmers add quick lime to his fields?
- Why are farmers constantly committing suicide in India?
- Why farmers need to separate grains from the chaff?
- What type of filters are recommended for farmers?
- What are the changes in agriculture, that helped farmers to produce more?
- How do good animal husbandry practices benefit farmers?
- The farmers of our country cultivate crops with a lot of effort and pain. Yet we often waste food in large quantities. Do you think this is fine? What can you do to prevent wastage of food?
- How do weeds grow near crops?
- Do you think it is fine to waive off farmers’ loans by the government of India?
- How do early human beings know how to grow crops?
- Why do roots grow downwards and stems grow upwards?
- Why do living beings grow?
- What happens if we grow kharif crops in winter?
- Define Crops. What are the different types of crops?
- If 15 farmers can cultivate 18 bighas of land in 5 days, let us determine by using theory of variation the number of days required by 10 farmers to cultivate 12 bighas of land.