- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Name 5 Home Remedies to reduce Knee Joint Pain
Knee pain is the most common ailment caused due to wear and tear of the knee joint. It can be experienced by people of any age and generally older adults, and most women are more vulnerable to knee pain than men.
There are many home remedies to reduce the pain temporarily. Let us look at them.
1. Applying Cold Compression
Applying cold compression to the painful knee is one of the best and easiest ways to reduce pain and swelling. The cold compression will constrict the blood vessels thereby reducing the blood flow in the knee. Alternating between the hot and cold compresses is also a good idea to reduce the pain.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar
We know that Apple Cider Vinegar has many benefits like weight reduction, detoxifying etc., But you will be surprised if you come to know that it helps in reducing knee pain also. It helps in restoring joint lubricants and thereby reduces pain. You can drink it with water or add to hot water and soak the knee in it. It works both internally and externally.
3. Cayenne Pepper
Cayenne pepper contains Capsaicin, which is a natural analgesic and has great pain-relieving properties. The Capsaicin produces a warm sensation when applied in the affected area and reduces pain. We can add two tablespoons of cayenne pepper powder in one-half cup of warm olive oil, and apply the paste on the affected area twice daily for at least one week.
Turmeric contains a chemical called curcumin which acts as a natural treatment to relieve knee pain. It has anti-inflammatory properties to reduce pain. As per the NCCAM reports turmeric slows down the progression of rheumatoid arthritis also. It can be added to boiling water along with ginger and can be taken mixed with honey for taste.
Ginger has great anti-inflammatory compounds in it. It can reduce swelling in the knee joint and can effectively alleviate the pain. We can prepare ginger tea by adding it to boiling water, strain and add lemon juice and honey and drink it 2-3 times a day.
- What are the common causes of knee pain?
- What are the home remedies to cure Migraine?
- What are some home remedies for teeth whitening?
- What are some home remedies for wrinkles under eyes?
- What are some home remedies to remove white spots on lips?
- Compare joint venture and partnership.
- How do I get rid of pimples on my face: using home remedies or medicinal ointments?
- How to make joint bivariate distributions in Matplotlib?
- Fiber To The Home
- Home Networks
- What are homemade remedies to have weight loss?
- Natural remedies for reducing skin pigmentation.
- Why do human beings feel pain in the body?
- Weight Loss: 6 Ayurveda Remedies To Cut Belly Fat
- ATM Adaptation Layer 5 (AAL 5)