- Magento Basics Tutorial
- Magento - Home
- Magento - Overview
- Magento - Installation
- Magento - Architecture
- Magento Store Setup
- Magento - Product Overview
- Magento - Setup Languages
- Magento - Setup Contact
- Magento - Setup Categories
- Magento - Setup Products
- Magento - Setup Inventory
- Magento - Setup Taxes
- Magento - Setup Shipping Rates
- Magento - Setup Payment Plans
- Magento - Setup Payment Gateway
- Magento - Setup Payment Methods
- Magento - Setup Currencies
- Magento - Setup Check Out Options
- Magento - Setup Paypal Payment
- Magento - Setup Google Checkout
- Magento - Setup Store Live
- Magento Order Processing
- Magento - Orders Life Cycle
- Magento - Setup Order Options
- Magento - Setup Order Emails
- Magento - Create Orders
- Magento - Manage Orders
- Magento System Setup
- Magento - Setup Customers
- Magento - Setup Google Analytics
- Magento - Setup Pretty URLs
- Magento - Setup Youtube Video
- Magento - Setup Facebook Likes
- Magento - Setup Translation
- Magento - Setup System Theme
- Magento - Setup Page Title
- Magento - Setup Page Layout
- Magento - Setup New Pages
- Magento - Setup CMS
- Magento - Setup Newsletter
- Magento Optimization
- Magento - Site Optimization
- Magento - Profiling
- Magento - Database Performance
- Search Engine Optimization
- Magento Useful Resources
- Magento - Questions and Answers
- Magento - Quick Guide
- Magento - Useful Resources
- Magento - Discussion
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Magento - Site Optimization
Magento is a content management system that is commonly known to be performance intensive. Optimizing the speed of your Magento allows customers to have the best user experience while shopping in your E-commerce store.
Based on the additional configurations of the server environment, the hosting site providers speed up your store.
Following are the tips to optimize Magento environment.
It uses complex database, so that it needs to be run on dedicated servers.
Magento application can be optimized by using cloud computing.
Proper MySQL configuration is one of the most important aspects in terms of performance.
Always upgrade to the latest Magento version as it offers better performance.
Use a web application accelerator which can speed up your Magento store by 80%.
Magento has built-in tools that helps to optimize its performance. These must be properly configured and matched with your site's unique requirements. Following are the tips to optimize Magento configuration.
To speed up Magento performance, don't run MySQL and web server on the same machine.
Do not host files on your web server that you do not use.
Optimize of session storage.
Enable Magento flat catalog. (Magento uses a complex and resource-intensive Entity Attribute Value [or EAV] based catalog). After initial catalog establishment, enabling the flat catalog can dramatically improve database query time.
Identify and disable unused Magento modules.
Code influences the speed of your site. The testing tools help to gain insight into the specific process.
Few tips for Code Optimization are −
Remove unused or unnecessary code processes.
Compress all site images to optimal web image sizes.
Identify bottlenecks (processes that causes the entire process to slow down or stop) both in front-end and back-end.
These modules are used to improve the performance of Magento shopping experience and you can also reuse the modules. This speeds up the performance of the Magento front-end.
The following points illustrate how to optimize Magento front-end performance −
Use the latest version of PHP, so that you can perform front-end operation much better and faster. The newest released version may cause errors, so carefully read the release notes and check out the new version.
Use clean database to improve the performance of Magento. The database logs needs to be cleared regularly. The database stores the automatically created logs to keep track of record session and interaction.
Magento caching should be enabled. This helps to load your website faster and reduces the direct requests to the server for files.
Turn off unused modules so it reduces the amount of resources added to each page. This can be one of the Magento admin panel. The XML files are used to speed up the front-end performance of Magento.