- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How to quit smoking?
Everybody knows that smoking cigarette and consuming tobacco is injurious to health and can cause many dangerous diseases including cancer. But still people start smoking from the early teenage and the moment they realize this bitter truth, it’s too late to understand the reality, as it becomes very difficult for them to quit cigarette and tobacco.
To make a decision that you are finally ready to quit smoking and tobacco is just the halfway journey. Knowing the tips where to start on this path to quit smoking can really help you to take your journey to the destination.
Let us see some best tips which can help you to get rid of this bad habit.
Set a Quit Day
Just after deciding that you want to quit smoking, you need to set a start day from when you want to get away from smoking and tobacco. So, pick a start day in the near future which can give you enough time to prepare and follow these tips:
Tell everyone about quit date
Throw all cigarettes
Decide a replacement for it
Join a quit smoking community
Get support from a person who has successfully quit this habit and can help you
Never get around those people who smoke
Try to make yourself busy
Add more and more water and juice to your diet
Consume less or avoid alcohol
Use Nicotine Replacement Therapy
Avoiding tobacco or getting rid of smoking without the help of nicotine replacement therapy, medication is a very effective way to quit smoking. However, as per the research, only around 6% of such quit attempts are successful.
Look for Behavioural Support
Your physical and emotional dependence on smoking makes it very difficult to get rid of nicotine after your quit day. To achieve success in quitting, you need to handle these dependencies.
Try to look for counseling services, self-help materials, and behavioral support services, that can help you to get through this tough time. So that your physical symptoms get better over time and will also improve your emotional ones.
- How to quit smoking without any medicine?
- What Happens When You Quit Smoking?
- How to quit application programmatically?
- How to quit/ exit from MySQL stored procedure?
- How to know when to quit your present company?
- How to quit an android application programmatically using Kotlin?
- How to handle the withdrawal effects when you stop smoking suddenly?
- State the differences between close() and quit()
- Five Signs That You Should Quit Your Job!
- Which is better, stop smoking at once or slowly reducing and finally stop?
- What are the things that make good employees quit a company?
- Give 5 reasons why should I quit non-veg and be a vegan?
- What are the differences between close() and quit() methods in Selenium with python?
- How to Convert Binary to Decimal?
- How to Convert Decimal to Binary?