- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How to place objects in the middle of a frame using tkinter?
To place objects in the middle of a frame, we can use the place method. Let's take an example and see how it's done.
Import the required libraries and create an instance of tkinter frame.
Set the size of the frame using win.geometry method.
Next, create a button and label it.
Set the position of the buttons using the place method by supplying the x and y coordinate values.
Place the center of the widget at a relative x and y position of 0.5 of button widget (relx=0.5, rely=0.5). Set the anchor at the center by supplying "anchor=CENTER"
Finally, run the mainloop of the application window.
# Import the Tkinter library from tkinter import * from tkinter import ttk # Create an instance of Tkinter frame win = Tk() # Define the geometry win.geometry("750x350") # Create Buttons in the frame button = ttk.Button(win, text="Button at the Center") button.place(relx=0.5, rely=0.5, anchor=CENTER) win.mainloop()
When you execute this code, it will show the following output window −
Now, try resizing the window and you will notice that the button widget automatically centers itself accordingly.
- How to place an image into a frame in Tkinter?
- How to temporarily remove a Tkinter widget without using just .place?
- How to change the width of a Frame dynamically in Tkinter?
- Place an element in the middle of the parent element in Bootstrap 4
- How to use images in Tkinter using photoimage objects?
- How to clear out a frame in the Tkinter?
- How to place the text at the center of an Entry box in Tkinter?
- How do I change the background of a Frame in Tkinter?
- How to gray out (disable) a Tkinter Frame?
- How to center a Tkinter widget in a sticky frame?
- How to center a label in a frame of fixed size in Tkinter?
- How to Change Tkinter Frame Title?
- Using a Frame class in a Tk class in Python tkinter
- How to set the min and max height or width of a Frame in Tkinter?
- How to put a border around a Frame in Python Tkinter?