- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How to center a Tkinter widget in a sticky frame?
Tkinter has lots of inbuilt functions and methods that can be used configure the properties of Tkinter widgets. These properties vary with different geometry managers. The grid geometry manager is one of them which deals with many complex layout problems in any application. Grid geometry manager adds all the widgets in the given space (if applicable) without overlapping each other.
Let us suppose that we have created a sticky frame using Grid geometry manager and we want to center the Label text widget inside the frame. In this case, we have to first make the main window sticky by configuring the row and column property. Once the main window gets sticky with the frame, it can make any widget rationally resizable. The label widget must be sticky in this case. Now, to center the widget, specify the value of the row, column and weight.
# Import the required library from tkinter import * # Create an instance of tkinter frame win= Tk() # Set the size of the Tkinter window win.geometry("700x350") # Add a frame to set the size of the window frame= Frame(win, relief= 'sunken') frame.grid(sticky= "we") # Make the frame sticky for every case frame.grid_rowconfigure(0, weight=1) frame.grid_columnconfigure(0, weight=1) # Make the window sticky for every case win.grid_rowconfigure(0, weight=1) win.grid_columnconfigure(0, weight=1) # Add a label widget label= Label(frame, text= "Hey Folks! Welcome to Tutorialspoint", font=('Helvetica 15 bold'), bg= "white") label.grid(row=3,column=0) label.grid_rowconfigure(1, weight=1) label.grid_columnconfigure(1, weight=1) win.mainloop()
Executing the above code will display a centered Label Text lying inside the sticky frame.
- Related Articles
- How to center a Tkinter widget?
- How to horizontally center a widget using a grid() in Tkinter?
- How do I center the text in a Tkinter Text widget?
- How to center a label in a frame of fixed size in Tkinter?
- How to update a Button widget in Tkinter?
- How to make a Tkinter widget invisible?
- How to see if a widget exists in Tkinter?
- How to create hyperlink in a Tkinter Text widget?
- How to highlight text in a tkinter Text widget?
- How to attach a Scrollbar to a Text widget in Tkinter?
- How to remove focus from a Tkinter widget?
- How to update a Python/tkinter label widget?
- Expand Text widget to fill the entire parent Frame in Tkinter
- How to add a column to a Tkinter TreeView widget?
- How to insert a temporary text in a tkinter Entry widget?