- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How to place the text at the center of an Entry box in Tkinter?
To put a border around a Frame in Tkinter, we have to use the highlightbackground and highlightthickeness parameters while creating the Frame. Let's take an example and see how to use these two parameters.
Import the tkinter library and create an instance of tkinter frame.
Set the size of the frame using geometry method.
Create a frame with Frame() method. Highlight the border of the frame with a color, highlightbackground="blue". Then, set the thickness of the border, highlightthickness=2.
Next, create some widgets inside the frame. In the example, we have placed four checkbuttons and a button inside the frame.
Finally, run the mainloop of the application window.
# Import the libraries from tkinter import * # Create an instance of tkinter frame or window win = Tk() # Title of window win.title("Justify Text inside Textbox") # Dimensions of the window win.geometry("700x250") # Entry widget my_text = Entry(win, width=30, justify=CENTER, bg="green", font=('Times', 20,'bold')) my_text.insert(0, "Hello, How are you doing?") my_text.pack(padx=50, pady=50) # Run the mainloop win.mainloop()
It will produce the following output −
- How to insert text at the beginning of the text box in Tkinter?
- How to resize an Entry Box by height in Tkinter?
- How to get an Entry box within a Messagebox in Tkinter?
- How do I center the text in a Tkinter Text widget?
- How to get the value of an Entry widget in Tkinter?
- Specify the dimensions of a Tkinter text box in pixels
- Creating a popup message box with an Entry field in tkinter
- How to set the text/value/content of an 'Entry' widget using a button in Tkinter?
- How to set justification on Tkinter Text box?
- How to use the Entry widget in Tkinter?
- How to disable an Entry widget in Tkinter?
- How to insert the current time in an Entry Widget in Tkinter?
- Return the input of the Entry widget in Tkinter
- How to set default text for a Tkinter Entry widget?