- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How to handle your newborn baby?
Here are a few things to remember if you are handling a newborn baby:
Wash your hands properly or use a hand sanitizer before touching a newborn.
Do not try to shake your baby, whether in play or in anger.
Be careful to support your newborn's neck and head.
Meet a feeding specialist or lactation consultants who can help you get started nursing or bottle feeding.
Make sure your newborn is safely fastened into the stroller, carrier, or car seat.
Babies are not as strong as adults. So, be gentle while massaging your baby.
Keep noise and light levels low to moderate if sensitive to sound, touch, or light, and might startle and cry easily, or sleep less than expected.
Babies should not be swaddled after they're 2 months old.
Diaper do' s and don'ts: Use a clean diaper. Use a diaper rash cream if the baby has a rash. Also, use a clean washcloth, diaper wipes, or cotton balls to gently wipe your baby's genital area.
Use mild, unscented baby soap and shampoo.
Clean your baby's nose and ears with the damp washcloth.
To prevent chills, undress your child and then place him or her in the water immediately, and in a warm room.
Consult your healthcare provider if you have concerns about your baby's feeding schedule or feeding growth.
If your baby produces too much gas and has gastroesophageal reflux, or seems fussy during breastfeeding or bottle feeding, try burping him/her after every feeding.
It's imperative to place your baby on his back to sleep to reduce the risk of SIDS.
- Do you know when and how to bathe your newborn?
- What precautions are to be taken when we go to see a newborn baby?
- How to help your baby sleep in the night?
- Is bed-sharing good for your baby?
- Why does your baby get angry with anyone?
- How to deal with a cranky baby?
- How put a restless baby to sleep?
- What are the foods that are unsafe for your baby when he/she start eating solids?
- How to handle jQuery AJAX error?
- How to handle teen behavioral problems?
- How to handle date in JDBC?
- How to handle orientation change android?
- How to handle StringIndexOutOfBoundsException in Java?
- How to handle MalformedURLException in java?
- How to handle EOFException in java?