- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How to convert Regular expression to Finite Automata?
To convert the regular expression (RE) to Finite Automata (FA), we can use the Subset method.
Subset method is used to obtain FA from the given RE.
- Step 1 − Construct a Transition diagram for a given RE by using Non-deterministic finite automata (NFA) with ε moves.
- Step 2 − Convert NFA with ε to NFA without ε.
- Step 3 − Convert the NFA to the equivalent Deterministic Finite Automata (DFA).
Some basic RE are as follows −
Case 1 − For a regular expression ‘a’, we can construct FA as shown below −
Case 2 − For a regular expression ‘ab’ we can construct FA, as given below −
Case 3 − For a regular expression (a+b) we can construct FA as follows −
Case 4 − For a RE (a+b)*, We can construct FA as mentioned below −
- How to generate regular expression from finite automata?
- How to convert the finite automata into regular expressions?
- Design finite automata from a given regular expression.
- Explain the relationship between Finite Automata and Regular Expression.
- Find out the Regular expression for the given finite automata
- What is the conversion of a regular expression to finite Automata (NFA)?
- What are the regular expressions to finite automata?
- Generate a Regular Expression for a Finite Automata with state elimination method
- Construct a Finite Automata for the regular expression ((a+b)(a+b))*.
- Find the regular expression for the given Finite automata with state elimination method
- Can we convert a non-deterministic finite automata into a deterministic finite Automata?
- What is finite automata?
- Efficient Construction of Finite Automata
- C program to simulate Nondeterministic Finite Automata (NFA)
- Explain Deterministic Finite Automata in TOC.