- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Find the regular expression for the given Finite automata with state elimination method
Generate RE for a given finite automata by using the state elimination method.
There are two methods for converting a Deterministic Finite Automata (DFA) to Regular expression (RE).
- Arden's Theorem Method.
- State Elimination Method.
The given automata is as follows−
Initial state is A that has an incoming edge.
So, we have to create a new initial state qi as follows−
Initial state is B that has an incoming edge.
So, we have to create a new final state qf as given below−
Now, try to eliminate all intermediate states one by one.
First eliminate state A
There is a path from state qi to B via A.
So, after eliminating state A, we can connect a direct path from qi to B having cost.
There is a loop on state B using State A.
So, after eliminating state A, we can draw a direct loop on state B having cost.
After eliminating A, we get the following −
Now eliminate State B
There is a path from state qi to qf via state B.
So, after eliminating B, we can draw a direct path from qi to state qf having cost
Final Regular Expression is = 0(10)*
- Related Articles
- Generate a Regular Expression for a Finite Automata with state elimination method
- Find out the Regular expression for the given finite automata
- Design finite automata from a given regular expression.
- Explain the method for constructing Minimum Finite State Automata.
- Explain the relationship between Finite Automata and Regular Expression.
- Construct a Finite Automata for the regular expression ((a+b)(a+b))*.
- How to convert Regular expression to Finite Automata?
- How to generate regular expression from finite automata?
- What is the conversion of a regular expression to finite Automata (NFA)?
- Construct RE for given finite automata with Arden’s theorem
- What are the regular expressions to finite automata?
- Construct the minimum DFA for any given finite automata.
- How to convert the finite automata into regular expressions?
- Construct the Regular expression for the given languages.
- Explain the concept of state elimination method in TOC