- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How feasible and successful are the online marriages?
Well, this is a very interesting question for many of us, if not, at least for me. This is because I, myself is an example of online married couples and I must say, it is successful and I am living a happy married life with my husband.
I have heard many people saying all the online marriages are fake and won't last long; the girl or boy is not getting anyone, so they are opting for online marriage sites and blah blah. But let me tell you guys, this is not the reality. Everything first sounds silly and impossible but slowly we adapt it quite well.
Let's take an example, we never thought we will be doing online grocery and veggies shopping because we chose to see it, analyze it and then buy it. But now, most of the people living in a metro city is going towards online shopping only even for veggies or fruits. Now, do not think I am comparing a life partner with a tomato or mango and be judgmental (kidding), I am only giving an example to make it clear that all online marriages are not fake and have a bad ending.
I agree with the fact that there are fraud people, fake marriages and many more, but again it is not 100%. There are many matrimonial sites available like shadi.com, Jeevansathi.com etc., which are genuine sites and provides a good service after verifying the details.
Now, let's discuss a few reasons, why it is a good option?
More Options: Traditional marriage proposals come via family mediator/relatives or friends and they introduce to the family, which would be limited. But, in the online process, you will get more than 100 options, and you can then filter it out according to your preferences and choices.
Get the basic idea of the boy/girl: In online marriage sites, there will be a profile describing the basic things, family details, likes and dislikes, habits and other stuff. Here, just by checking all this, you get an image of that person and you can then easily decide whether to proceed further or not as per your wishes and no need to do the formality and all.
Save the time: People staying in a metro city are always in a shortage of time. So, in the online process, you do not have to travel every time just to meet the person to maintain the image of your relatives, mediators and even of your parents. It makes your decision easy by analyzing the basic qualities and need, and then you can decide whether to continue or not and can save your time.
Now coming to the success rate, according to researchers, those who met online and get married are more satisfied ones than offline couples. They possess a higher chance of staying together in their marriage and slightly less likely to separate or divorce than those who met in offline venues.
Also, there is a lower rate of marital breakups than relationships that began in face-to-face meetings nowadays. Marriage breakups rate is about 6 per cent of the people who met online, compared with 7.6 per cent of the people who met offline. The online marriages mean score of 5.64 on a satisfaction survey, compared with a score of 5.48 for people who met offline. This survey was based on questions about their happiness with their marriage and degree of affection, the comfort between the two of them, trust, honesty, communication and love for each other.
- How would be the marriages in future?
- How marriages will be celebrated in the future?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of online shopping?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of Online tutoring sites?
- What are the disadvantages of online shopping?
- What are the Steps to build a successful CRM strategy?
- Will virtual marriages be possible in the future?
- What are the best online tutorials for C++?
- Which are the apps to order medicines online?
- What are free Online Favicon Generators?
- What are the stupid questions people have asked online?
- How to Avoid Online Scams?
- In an election, the successful candidate registered ( 5,77,500 ) votes and his nearest rival secured 3,48,700 votes. By what margin did the successful candidate win the election?
- What are the measures that I have to take to be a successful entrepreneur?
- How to have a successful teenage in your life?