- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How do I get an event callback when a Tkinter Entry widget is modified?
Callback functions in Tkinter are generally used to handle a specific event happening in a widget. We can add an event callback function to the Entry widget whenever it gets modified. We will create an event callback function by specifying the variable that stores the user input. By using the trace("mode", lambda variable, variable: callback()) method with the variable, we can trace the input on the Label widget in the window.
#Import the Tkinter library from tkinter import * #Create an instance of Tkinter frame win= Tk() #Define the geometry win.geometry("750x250") def callback(var): content= var.get() Label(win, text=content).pack() #Create an variable to store the user-input var = StringVar() var.trace("w", lambda name, index,mode, var=var: callback(var)) #Create an Entry widget e = Entry(win, textvariable=var) e.pack() win.mainloop()
Running the above code will print the input character of the Entry widget on the text Label. Now, type something on the given Entry widget to echo the input event on the Label widget.
- Get contents of a Tkinter Entry widget
- How to get the value of an Entry widget in Tkinter?
- How to disable an Entry widget in Tkinter?
- How do I get the background color of a Tkinter Canvas widget?
- How to interactively validate an Entry widget content in tkinter?
- How to use a StringVar object in an Entry widget in Tkinter?
- How to use the Entry widget in Tkinter?
- How to set default text for a Tkinter Entry widget?
- How to connect a variable to the Tkinter Entry widget?
- How do I give focus to a python Tkinter text widget?
- How do I center the text in a Tkinter Text widget?
- How can I insert a string in an Entry widget that is in the "readonly" state using Tkinter?
- How to get the value of a button in the Entry widget using Tkinter?
- How to get the widget name in the event in Tkinter?
- How to insert a temporary text in a tkinter Entry widget?