- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How can I determine the position of a Toplevel in Tkinter?
To place objects in the middle of a frame, we can use the place method. Let's take an example and see how it's done.
Import the required libraries and create an instance of tkinter frame.
Set the size of the frame using win.geometry method.
Next, create a button and label it.
Set the position of the buttons using the place method by supplying the x and y coordinate values.
Place the center of the widget at a relative x and y position of 0.5 of button widget (relx=0.5, rely=0.5). Set the anchor at the center by supplying "anchor=CENTER"
Finally, run the mainloop of the application window.
# Import the Tkinter library from tkinter import * from tkinter import ttk # Create an instance of Tkinter frame win = Tk() # Define the geometry win.geometry("750x350") win.title("Main Window") def toplevel_position(): print("The coordinates of Toplevel window are:", top.winfo_x(), top.winfo_y()) top = Toplevel(win, height=150, width=300) top.title("This is the Toplevel Window") top.attributes('-topmost', 'true') button = ttk.Button(top, text="Get position", command=toplevel_position) button.place(relx=0.5, rely=0.5, anchor=CENTER) top.mainloop()
When you execute this code, it will show the following output window −
Now, click the "Get position" button and it will print the coordinates of the Toplevel window on the console.
The coordinates of Toplevel window are: 282 105
- Python Tkinter – How to position a topLevel() widget relative to the root window?
- How to put a Toplevel window in front of the main window in Tkinter?
- How to close only the TopLevel window in Python Tkinter?
- How do I position the buttons on a Tkinter window?
- How to keep the window focus on the new Toplevel() window in Tkinter?
- How can I disable typing in a ttk.Combobox tkinter?
- How can I dynamically set the position of view in android?
- How can I resize the root window in Tkinter?
- How can I change the text of the Tkinter Listbox item?
- How can I create a simple message box in Tkinter?
- How can I set the row height in Tkinter TreeView?
- How can I determine the connection method used by a MySQL Client?
- How can I manage the start position of searching in MySQL LOCATE() function?
- How can I identify when a Button is released in Tkinter?
- How can I create a dropdown menu from a List in Tkinter?