- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How to keep the window focus on the new Toplevel() window in Tkinter?
Tkinter toplevel class contains toplevel window which is a child window other than the main window. Whenever we create a toplevel window, it just appears above the main window along with the widgets defined in it.
To keep the window toplevel window focused, we can use grab_set() method. It always keeps the toplevel window above all the other windows.
#Import the tkinter library from tkinter import * #Create an instance of tkinter frame win = Tk() win.geometry("700x350") def open_win(): top = Toplevel(win) top.geometry("700x250") Label(top, text= "Hey Folks!", font= ('Helvetica 14 bold')).pack() top.grab_set() #Create a Label to print the Name label= Label(win, text="Click the below Button to open the Popup", font= ('Helvetica 18 bold')) label.pack(pady= 30) #Create a Button button= Button(win, text= "Click Me", command= open_win, font= ('Helvetica 14 bold'), foreground= 'OrangeRed3', background= "white") button.pack(pady=50) win.mainloop()
Running the above code will display a window that contains a button to open the Popup window.
Now, click the button to open a Popup window.
- How to put a Toplevel window in front of the main window in Tkinter?
- How to close only the TopLevel window in Python Tkinter?
- Python Tkinter – How to position a topLevel() widget relative to the root window?
- How to center a window on the screen in Tkinter?
- How to draw images in the Tkinter window?
- How to put a Tkinter window on top of the others?
- Removing the TK icon on a Tkinter window
- How do I position the buttons on a Tkinter window?
- Function to close the window in Tkinter
- How to make Tkinter Window appear in the taskbar?
- How to show webcam in TkInter Window?
- How to open a new window by the user pressing a button in a tkinter GUI?
- Tkinter-How to get the current date to display in a tkinter window?
- Placing plot on Tkinter main window in Python
- How can I resize the root window in Tkinter?