- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How are teeth of humans and other mammals categorized?
Teeth are the only part of the body which we neglect to take care of and regret at old age. Teeth are must if you want to savor the taste of food as you grow old.
There are basically two types of teeth:
- Primary (commonly known as milk teeth)
Primary Teeth − This type of teeth are present in infants or children until they are of a certain age (mostly pre-teens). As we grow old the teeth grow with us to become permanent teeth.
Permanent Teeth − This type of teeth will be with you till you die and mature as you grow old.
Permanent teeth are categorized into 4 types:
These are the pair of eight teeth that are directly situated in the center and front of our mouth. They are distributed as 4 Upper-jaw and 4 Lower-jaw. These teeth are immensely important as we take our first bite out of anything with the help of these incisors. They develop a formidable shape between ages 6-8 years.
Canines are the sharpest of all. These teeth first appear at 12-18 months of age and then take their lifelong formidable shape between 11-13 years age. Canines need to be taken proper care of as they play a major role in digestion since they help you wear and tear food. Similar to incisors two are located on the Upper-jaw and two are located on the Lower-jaw.
Pre-Molars are situated on either side of the mouth in deep settings. The main purpose of Pre-Molars is chewing and grinding food to turn it into a semi-liquid form making it easy to gulp and digest. The Pre-Molars in the Upper-jaw appear at the age of 10, whereas, the Pre-Molars in the Lower-jaw appear at the age of 11.
This is the final set of teeth which adds two more sets of teeth to the Pre-Molar as a formidable replacement. Molars start to appear at the age of 11-13 years. Molars stay in the same form for your entire life. Molars help Pre-Molars do their job prominently.
- Why do humans have different types of teeth?
- What are the other uses of toothpaste, apart from cleaning teeth?
- What is the difference between humans and other species on earth?
- What are some home remedies for teeth whitening?
- Why are humans jealous of their neighbor's success?
- How MySQL FIELD() and ELT() functions are complements of each other?
- What are the different types of brain diseases occur in humans?
- How are food and other nutrients transported in plants?
- Why do humans have fear of dark?
- To what percentage humans are able to use their brain?
- Can humans live without religion?
- How to check if two Strings are anagrams of each other using C#?
- Do gold ornaments serve any other purpose other than being symbols of wealth and vanity?
- Check whether two strings are anagram of each other in Python
- Check if two strings are anagram of each other using C++