- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Explain the components of the ER diagram in DBMS?
ER-Diagram is a pictorial representation of data which describes how the data is communicated and related to one another. Any object, like entities, attributes of an entity, sets of relationship and other attributes of relationship are characterized with the help of the ER diagram.
E-R Diagram Components
The Entity Relationship (ER) diagram components are as follows −
E-R Design Decisions
The use of an attribute or entity set generally represents an object. To check a real-world concept it is best expressed by an entity set or a relationship set. The use of any ternary relationship versus a pair of binary relationships occurs in the ER design decisions.
When we focus on the use of a strong or weak entity set, the following can occur −
The use of specialization/generalization − Contributes to modularity in the design.
The use of aggregation − It treats the aggregate entity set as a single unit without concern for details of its internal structure.
- Explain the components of DBMS?
- What are the components of ER diagrams in DBMS?
- Construct an ER diagram for the Banking system in DBMS?
- Construct an ER diagram for the Library management system(DBMS)?
- Minimization of ER Diagram
- Explain the conversion of ER diagrams to tables in DBMS?
- Construct an ER diagram for a company in DBMS?
- Draw an ER diagram for a University database application(DBMS)?
- Explain the concept of magnetic disk with the help of a diagram(DBMS)
- Explain Extended or Enhanced ER model in DBMS?
- Explain Mapping the ER diagrams with binary and ternary relationships(DBMS)?
- What are the components of DBMS?
- Explain the components of Selenium.
- Explain the characteristics of DBMS?
- Explain the architecture of DBMS?