- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What are the important components of JDBC?
To communicate with the Database using JDBC you need the following components.
JDBC DriverManager: The DriverManager class of the java.sql package manages different types of JDBC drivers. This class loads the driver classes. In addition to this, whenever a new connection establishes it chooses and loads the suitable driver from the previously loaded ones.
Note: From JDBC 4.0 the drivers in the CLASSPATH will be loaded automatically
JDBC API: It is a Java abstraction which enables applications to communicate with relational databases. It provides two main packages namely, java.sql and javax.sql. It provides classes and methods to connect with a database, create statements (quires), execute statements and handle the results.
JDBC-ODBC Bridge driver: This is a bridge driver which translates the JDBC method calls to ODBC function calls using this package you can communicate with the databases which uses ODBC drivers.
- Related Articles
- What are the important components of ODBC?
- List the important core components of React Native
- What are the components of DBMS?
- What are the components of food?
- What are the components of the CPU?
- Explain the important components and working of an electric bulb?
- What are the various Components of Selenium?
- What are the components of Portal Server?
- What are the components of data mining?
- What are the components of trusted Network?
- What are the Components of Performance Management?
- What are the major Components of Environments?
- What are the main components of Soil?
- What are the main features of JDBC?
- What are the components of a data warehouse?