- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Dynamically Resize Buttons When Resizing a Window using Tkinter
Python has many rich libraries for creating and developing GUI-based applications. Tkinter is one of the most commonly used Python libraries for creating GUI-based applications. It has many features like adding widgets and other necessary attributes necessary for creating an application.
A button is a widget which can be assigned for some particular task or event. However, to dynamically resize or position the button widget, we can configure its position and layout using the Grid module in tkinter. To resize the button dynamically, we can use rowconfiguration() and coloumnconfiguration() methods.
In a tkinter Grid system, there are four attributes which can be used to resize any widget. These attributes generally refer to the direction such as North, South, East, and West. To make the buttons responsive and dynamically resizable according to the screen or window size, we have to use the row and column property in it.
#Importing the tkinter library from tkinter import * win= Tk() win.title("Dynamically Resize Buttons") win.geometry("700x500") #Configure Rows and column Grid.rowconfigure(win, 0,weight=1) Grid.columnconfigure(win,0,weight=1) #Create buttons b1= Button(win, text= "C++") b2= Button(win, text= "Java") #Create List of buttons bl= [b1, b2] row_no=0 #Loop through all the buttons and configure it row-wise for button in bl: Grid.rowconfigure(win,row_no, weight=1) row_no+=1 #Adjust the position in grid and make them sticky b1.grid(row=0, column=0, sticky= "nsew") b2.grid(row=1, column=0, stick= "nsew") win.mainloop()
Running the above code will generate the output and display two buttons horizontally in a row−order, which can be dynamically resizable according to screen or window size.
- Resize the Tkinter Listbox widget when the window resizes
- How to generate Tkinter Buttons dynamically?
- How to control automated window resizing in Tkinter?
- How To Dynamically Resize Button Text in Tkinter?
- How can I resize the root window in Tkinter?
- How do I position the buttons on a Tkinter window?
- How to dynamically add/remove/update labels in a Tkinter window?
- How to resize the background image to window size in Tkinter?
- How to resize an image using Tkinter?
- Resizing pictures in PIL in Tkinter
- Resizing images with ImageTk.PhotoImage with Tkinter
- Changing Tkinter Label Text Dynamically using Label.configure()
- Disable the underlying window when a popup is created in Python TKinter
- How to Resize Browser Window in WebDriver?