- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Differences between Connection-oriented and Connection-less Services.
Both of these services are used to establish connection between two or more devices. These services are part of network layer.
Connection-oriented Service is like a telephone system. It starts with a connection establishment and ends with connection termination. This service uses handshake method to establish a connection between sender and receiver.
Connection-oriented Service is like a postal system. It don't have to establish a connection. Data packets can follow any route to reach their destination.
Following are some of the important differences between Connection-oriented Services and Connection-less Services.
|Sr. No.||Key||Connection-oriented Services||Connection-less Services|
|1||Analogy||Connection-oriented Services are like telephone system.||Connection-less Services are like postal system.|
|2||Usage||Connection-oriented Services are used in case of long and steady communication.||Connection-less services are used in bursty communication.|
|3||Connection||In Connection-oriented Services, connection is necessary.||In Connection-less services, connection is not necessary.|
|4||Congestion||No congestion occurs in connection-oriented services.||Congestion can occur in connection-less services.|
|5||Guarantee of Reliablity||Connection-oriented Services give guarantee of reliability.||Connection-less services don't give guarantee of reliabilty.|
|6||Data Packets||In Connection-oriented Services, data packets follow same route.||In Connection-less services, data packets may follow any route.|
- Difference between Connection-oriented and Connection-less Services
- Connection-Oriented Services
- Implementation of connection-oriented services
- What is Implementation of connection less services?
- Distinguish between Connection-Oriented and Connectionless Service
- Synchronous Connection-Oriented (SCO) Link
- What is a connection oriented service?
- Asynchronous Connection-Less (ACL) Link
- What is Connection less Service?
- Six-Phase Star Connection and Diametrical Connection of Transformers
- Differences between Procedural and Object Oriented Programming.
- What’s the connection between Java and Blockchain?
- Star-Delta Connection of Transformer | Three - Phase Transformer Connection
- Star-Star Connection of Transformer | Three - Phase Transformer Connection
- Open Delta Connection or V-V Connection of Transformers