- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What is Connection less Service?
To send the data from one device to another device there should be a connection. The connection can be established to transfer data between the devices can be done in two ways and they are as follows −
Now let us discuss the Connection less services.
Connection less Services
In connectionless the data is transferred in one direction from source to destination without checking that destination is still there or not or if it is prepared to accept the message. Authentication is not needed in this. Example of Connectionless service is UDP (User Datagram Protocol) protocol.
Connectionless service is a service that allows the transfer of information among subscribers without the need for end-to-end connection establishment procedures.
Connection-less service is sometimes known as “unreliable” network service. Connectionless protocols are usually described as stateless because the endpoints have no protocol-defined way of remembering where they are in a “conversation” of message exchange.
It is a data transmission service provided by the network and transport layer protocols.
Connectionless service is based on the postal service. Example − postal service, where the letter has source and destination address and each one of the letter routed through different paths to reach the destination.
In connectionless service, each packet of the same message may follow a different route to get delivered to the destination. In connectionless service, packets are routed based on the destination address on the packet.
For example − The Internet Protocol (IP) and User Datagram Protocol (UDP) are connectionless protocols, whereas TCP/IP is connection-oriented.
There are two types of Connectionless Service primitives, which are as follows −
UNIDATA − This primitive sends a packet of data
FACILITY, REPORT − Primitive for enquiring about the performance of the network, like delivery statistics.
The major differences between Connection oriented service and Connectionless service are as follows −
In connection oriented service authentication is needed and for connectionless service, an authentication is not required.
Connection oriented protocol creates a connection and checks whether a message is received or not and sends again if an error occurs connectionless service protocol does not guarantee a delivery.
Connection oriented service is more reliable when compared to connectionless service.
Connection oriented service interface is stream based whereas connectionless is message based.
- What is a connection oriented service?
- What is Implementation of connection less services?
- Difference between Connection-oriented and Connection-less Services
- Differences between Connection-oriented and Connection-less Services.
- Asynchronous Connection-Less (ACL) Link
- Distinguish between Connection-Oriented and Connectionless Service
- What is TCP Connection Release?
- What is Service-Oriented Architecture?
- What is the TCP Connection Establishment?
- What is Scott-T Transformer Connection?
- What is Android background music service?
- What is Quality of Service (QOS)?
- What is MMS (Multimedia Messaging Service)?
- What is Digital Service Unit (DSU)?
- What is Delta-Delta Connection of Transformer?