- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Difference between selenium IDE, RC & WebDriver.
The differences between selenium IDE, RC & Webdriver are listed below :
|Functionalities||Selenium IDE||Selenium RC||Selenium Webdriver|
|Record and playback||It has the record and playback feature.||It does not have a record and playback.||It does not have a record and playback.|
|Server||It requires no server to start execution of test cases.||It requires the server to start execution of test cases.||It requires no server to start execution of test cases.|
|Browser||It can be used for testing only in Firefox.||It can be used for testing in the majority of browsers.||It can be used for testing in the majority of browsers including in headless mode.|
|Object Oriented||It is based on Selenese which is a procedural language.||It can be partially used for object oriented programming.||It is majorly used for object oriented programming.|
|Dynamic Locators||Elements cannot be identified.||Elements cannot be identified.||Elements can be identified.|
|Alerts||Cannot handle alerts.||Cannot handle alerts.||Can handle alerts|
|Mouse Actions||Cannot handle mouse actions.||Cannot handle mouse actions.||Can handle mouse actions.|
|Dropdown||Cannot handle dropdown.||Cannot handle dropdown.||Can handle dropdown.|
|iPhone/Android||Cannot perform iPhone/Android testing.||Cannot perform iPhone/Android testing.||Can perform iPhone/Android testing with the help of Android Driver, iPhone Driver.|
|Listener||Does not have a Listener.||Does not have a Listener.||Have Listeners.|
|Performance||Fast [comes as a Firefox plugin]. It interacts with the browser directly.||It does not interact with the browser directly. Hence on a slower side compared to webdriver.||Fast as it interacts directly with the browser.|
|Usage||UI interface available to create scripts.||Standalone Jars available to execute test cases in the browser.||Contains API and supported by languages like Java, Python, and Ruby and so on.|
|Xpath||Only has absolute xpath.||Only has absolute xpath.||Has both absolute and relative xpath.|
|Navigation||Cannot handle navigation.||Cannot handle navigation.||Can handle navigation.|
- What is the difference between Selenium RC and Webdriver?
- List down the differences among Selenium IDE, RC and Webdriver.
- Selenium RC vs Selenium webdriver.
- Difference between selenium RC and Web Driver?
- What's the relationship between Selenium RC and WebDriver?
- Why does the Selenium WebDriver have an edge over Selenium RC?
- Why do we use WebDriver instead of Selenium IDE?
- How to Download & Install Selenium WebDriver?
- Difference Between & and &&
- What is the difference between selenium WebDriver and TestNG?
- How does Selenium RC work?
- Why Selenium RC is deprecated?
- What is the difference between findElement and findElements in Selenium Webdriver?
- How do I download Selenium RC?
- What is meant by Selenium RC?