- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
What is meant by Selenium RC?
Selenium RC is a key part in Selenium. It is a framework for testing that allows testers and developers to design test scripts in multiple languages to automate frontend UI test cases. It has a client library and a server that starts and quits the browser sessions by default
Selenium RC Architecture diagram −
Img src: https://www.tutorialspoint.com/selenium/selenium_rc.htm
Selenium RC is deprecated because of the reasons listed below −
Selenium RC has complicated and redundant APIs.
Selenium RC is not compatible with the HTMLUnit browser (required for headless execution).
Selenium RC has in−built HTML report generation features for test results.
Selenium RC has selenium.typeKeys and selenium.type APIs which have similar tasks. While Selenium webdriver has only one method sendKeys which takes care of all inputting tasks.
Selenium RC cannot be used for testing mobile applications like android phones, iphone, iPad, and so on.
Maintaining a large regression suite is difficult in Selenium RC.
Additional software and third-party APIs are not supported in Selenium RC.
Not capable of executing Selenium webdriver scripts from Selenium RC.
Has in-built report generation features but it is not upto to the mark.
Installation of Remote Control Server is required prior to running of scripts in Selenium RC.
Command related usage is present in Selenium RC.
Less of object oriented usage in APIs for Selenium RC.
Has a complicated architecture and operates in between the end-user and the browser.
Has a very limited community support for development in Selenium RC.
- Related Articles
- Why Selenium RC is deprecated?
- Selenium RC vs Selenium webdriver.
- What is the difference between Selenium RC and Webdriver?
- How does Selenium RC work?
- Difference between selenium IDE, RC & WebDriver.
- How do I download Selenium RC?
- What's the relationship between Selenium RC and WebDriver?
- Difference between selenium RC and Web Driver?
- What is meant by Compounding?
- What is meant by correlation?
- What is meant by Force?
- What is meant by hypotenuse?
- What is meant by divsiblity?
- What is meant by series?
- What is meant by moisture?