- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Why Selenium RC is deprecated?
Selenium RC is a key part in Selenium. It is a framework for testing that allows testers and developers to design test scripts in multiple languages to automate frontend UI test cases.
It has a client library and a server that starts and quits the browser sessions by default.
Selenium RC is deprecated because of the reasons listed below −
Selenium RC has complicated and redundant APIs.
Selenium RC is not compatible with the HTMLUnit browser (required for headless execution).
Selenium RC has in-built HTML report generation features for test results.
Selenium RC has selenium.typeKeys and selenium.type APIs which have similar tasks. While Selenium webdriver has only one method sendKeys which takes care of all inputting tasks.
Selenium RC cannot be used for testing mobile applications like android phones, iphone, iPad, and so on.
Maintaining a large regression suite is difficult in Selenium RC.
Additional software and third-party APIs are not supported in Selenium RC.
Not capable of executing Selenium webdriver scripts from Selenium RC.
Has in−built report generation features but it is not upto to the mark.
Installation of Remote Control Server is required prior to running of scripts in Selenium RC.
Command related usage is present in Selenium RC.
Less of object oriented usage in APIs for Selenium RC.
Has a complicated architecture and operates in between the end−user and the browser.
Has a very limited community support for development in Selenium RC.
Selenium RC architecture is illustrated in the below image −
- Why does the Selenium WebDriver have an edge over Selenium RC?
- What is meant by Selenium RC?
- Selenium RC vs Selenium webdriver.
- How does Selenium RC work?
- What is the difference between Selenium RC and Webdriver?
- How do I download Selenium RC?
- Difference between selenium RC and Web Driver?
- What are the limitations of Selenium RC?
- Difference between selenium IDE, RC & WebDriver.
- Why GeckoDriver is used in selenium?
- Does Selenium RC has separate drivers for each browser?
- HTML Deprecated Tags
- List down the differences among Selenium IDE, RC and Webdriver.
- What's the relationship between Selenium RC and WebDriver?
- What is Selenium and why is it chosen extensively?