- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Why do we use WebDriver instead of Selenium IDE?
We can use webdriver instead of Selenium IDE. The Selenium IDE is a record and playback tool but not dependable. The web elements which are dynamic cannot be handled well with Selenium IDE.
Selenium IDE can be used for an easy solution to automation, but for a full regression suite, Selenium webdriver should be used. Some of the differences between Selenium IDE and Selenium webdriver are −
|Sl. No.||Selenium IDE||Selenium Webdriver|
|1.||It supports only Firefox.||It supports all the major browsers.|
|2.||Simply a record and playback tool.||Not a record and playback tool.|
|4.||Does not support object oriented programming.||Supports an object oriented program.|
|5.||Mouse movement cannot be performed.||Mouse movement can be performed.|
|6.||Supports only absolute xpath.||Supports both absolute and relative xpath.|
|7.||Does not support listeners.||Supports listeners.|
|8.||IPhone/Android testing cannot be done.||IPhone/Android testing can be done.|
|9.||Available in form of GUI build test script.||Additional Jars need to be added to build test script|
|10.||Does not support navigation.||Supports navigation.|
|11.||Cannot work upon dynamic elements.||Can work upon dynamic elements.|
|12.||Cannot work upon alert.||Can work upon alert.|
- How do I use Selenium IDE?
- Why use Selenium WebDriver for Web Automation?
- Difference between selenium IDE, RC & WebDriver.
- How to use Selenium IDE?
- Why should we use a StringBuffer instead of a String in Java?
- Why do we use interfaces in Java?
- Why do we use random.seed() in Python?
- Why do we use pandas in python?
- What can selenium WebDriver do?
- List down the differences among Selenium IDE, RC and Webdriver.
- Why do we use JSON.stringify() method in jQuery?
- Why do we use DOCTYPES in HTML document?
- Why do we use modifiers in C/C++?
- Why do we use restrict qualifier in C++?