- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Why do we use WebDriver instead of Selenium IDE?
We can use webdriver instead of Selenium IDE. The Selenium IDE is a record and playback tool but not dependable. The web elements which are dynamic cannot be handled well with Selenium IDE.
Selenium IDE can be used for an easy solution to automation, but for a full regression suite, Selenium webdriver should be used. Some of the differences between Selenium IDE and Selenium webdriver are −
|Sl. No.||Selenium IDE||Selenium Webdriver|
|1.||It supports only Firefox.||It supports all the major browsers.|
|2.||Simply a record and playback tool.||Not a record and playback tool.|
|4.||Does not support object oriented programming.||Supports an object oriented program.|
|5.||Mouse movement cannot be performed.||Mouse movement can be performed.|
|6.||Supports only absolute xpath.||Supports both absolute and relative xpath.|
|7.||Does not support listeners.||Supports listeners.|
|8.||IPhone/Android testing cannot be done.||IPhone/Android testing can be done.|
|9.||Available in form of GUI build test script.||Additional Jars need to be added to build test script|
|10.||Does not support navigation.||Supports navigation.|
|11.||Cannot work upon dynamic elements.||Can work upon dynamic elements.|
|12.||Cannot work upon alert.||Can work upon alert.|
- Related Articles
- How do I use Selenium IDE?
- Difference between selenium IDE, RC & WebDriver.
- Why use Selenium WebDriver for Web Automation?
- How to use Selenium IDE?
- Why do we call cotton bolls" instead of "cotton balls"?"
- What can selenium WebDriver do?
- Why should we use a StringBuffer instead of a String in Java?\n
- Why do we use Convex Mirrors ?
- Do you think it is better to use compost instead of chemical fertilisers? Why?
- When do we use findElement() and findElements() in Selenium?
- Why do we use random.seed() in Python?
- Why do we use interfaces in Java?
- Why do we use pandas in python?